Page 1 of 2
this probably one of the crappiest/muddiest guitar tones youve ever heard. You would think a big band could afford some decent gear and sound dudes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUm_bvumP4g
oh and to make this thread intresting how about posting links of famous bands live with horrible tone
ew. its sounds like just static.

lol. i watched it all. i love how hardcore they think they are.
Last edited by Arlabester at Feb 19, 2007,
They just need to change their EQ settings a bit. Turn down the treble and up the mids and lows.
i hate it when bassists use picks unless theyre playing something like unbelievably fast...sorry
and uhhh....
i guess they just didnt set up well
whatever
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by Chickenfrmheck
i hate it when bassists use picks unless theyre playing something like unbelievably fast...sorry
and uhhh....
i guess they just didnt set up well
whatever

You hate when bassists use plectrums? Even though the use of a plectrum is used to create a different tone which you can't get with your fingers?

That seems like pointless elitism to me. We make our bassist use a plectrum on one song just because the increased attack works.

However, despite what I said, they still sounded arse.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
ROFL, that was some...weird tone. Sounds like they dialed up the bass and killed the treble..

And is it me or can you not understand a word he's pronouncing...

"This aye a see, it's a a ah hay."

O.o

Edit: Never mind, sounds like they put everything on 10...10 FOR HARDXCor3!!11
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Wow, yeah, that song always does sound horrible live. It's not even a very good song, anyway.
I'm so damn jealous of myself.
Quote by Jinskee
ROFL, that was some...weird tone. Sounds like they dialed up the bass and killed the treble..

O.o

They fucking suck. The comments are hilarious too.

As for more horrible tone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_tfOf7Wqaw
Quote by Jinskee

O.o

It's actually because he's not allowed to say "god" in the phrase god damned.
And that's just a really bad recording, and bad quality video. When I saw them 2 years ago, they weren't all that bad.
^o...m....g.....

You know, it makes so much more of a difference if you close your eyes and just listen. My adobe whatever ain't working...I can't even view videos . But anyway, wth was tremonti doing!?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by forsaknazrael
It's actually because he's not allowed to say "god" in the phrase god damned.
And that's just a really bad recording, and bad quality video. When I saw them 2 years ago, they weren't all that bad.

^that explains alot.

I've tried to sing it and I couldn't pronounce the other syllable...it pissed me off for days.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by forsaknazrael
What, cause I went to one of their concerts? yeah, sure. I like to listen to all kinds of music, haha.
Wes Montgomery, Nick Drake, Chuck Berry, AC/DC, KISS, Fall Out Boy, Thrice.

Music is music.

Oh no! I was talking to the person above you! I have nothing againts fall out boy...only their bassist...i want to kill their bassit.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I agree about the drummer being good....but still, that bassist...

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, but the art of bass guitar is so unappreciated in many modern bands these days. It's all root notes, follow the rhythm guitar.
Where's our generation's John Deacon, Geezer Butler, or John Entwistle??

You know...I was complaining the same thing to my bassist and band members. All he plays are root notes, he doesn't have any knowledge of theory.

You can't even really notice the bass in modern day songs....except for RCHP.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^You're quite lucky. I told my bassist...and you know what he did? He went right back into playing his xbox.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
lol seems to me like there making millions and were not so we can complain all we want. but bands thewse days sell image more than music, thats it, music back in the 50s 60s and 70s didnt have music videos and clothing to sell to get thier name out, it was about the music, and unfortuanlty it has become this way.
Epiphone EJ-160E 6 string acoustic
Fender american highwayone sunburst strat
Art and Lutherie Cedar 12 string acoustic
Gibson (White) Les Paul Studio
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
Quote by forsaknazrael
Damn, that's a shame. Kick him out! He does not respect the rules of rock n' roll!
Maybe you could use your Rocker 30 to blow his head off.

I couldn't agree more with your idea. But he's a close friend of mine, and hawaii isn't really the place where you can find a good musician quickly.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by ZacR
lol seems to me like there making millions and were not so we can complain all we want. but bands thewse days sell image more than music, thats it, music back in the 50s 60s and 70s didnt have music videos and clothing to sell to get thier name out, it was about the music, and unfortuanlty it has become this way.

Yeah, I'm quite dissapointed on how this all turned out.

I wonder....Hey, if we can make a band with a decent members, get long emo hair, and start singing like a girl with tight jeans..then maybe...maybe we can make it.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
well on that mark tremonti video, once you get past the RETARDED intro and into the eruption part, it sounds acceptable. Still digital-y, line-6-y, muddy, but still, that was a pretty impressive solo.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Eh, no feel, all technique. I'll take SRV improv or Wes Montgomery melodies any day over that.

truth
I pull out better solos than that Mark Tremonti one while I'm wanking around in my basement. In my opinion, while doing fast unaccompanied solos, the focus should be on melody and technique, with more of an emphasis on melody. The two can be combined (look for Paul Gilbert's solo with Racer X on Youtube) to great effect, but technique alone makes for a boring solo.
no
IMO Paul Gilbert, Jason Becker, Buckethead, and Rusty Cooley are the masters of melodic shredding. But I digress.

Jinskee, ever seen the video for Scarified? PG's (or Racer X's rather) bassist is kickass. He does 2 handed tapping bass shred stuff
. Sounds pretty nuts, but I'm talking about alot of the mainstream stuff... =\.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
. Sounds pretty nuts, but I'm talking about alot of the mainstream stuff... =\.

Well, he was the bassist for Mr. Big too back when PG was with them, and they were pretty mainstream. Then again, that was the 80s.
That tremonti solo was horrible. Horrible tone and playing
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Most of that muddieness comes from Pete's technique - he plays near the neck (I used to do that, before I noticed it made me sound really muddy), and the playes all the strings, but mused the ones he doesnt play, like guitarists. (Try it next time you get a hold of a bass).
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
fall out boy are possibley the worst thing to happen to usic since blink 182 - well thats what i though, till i heard +44. being a musicion and all it would probably be better if he could PLAY HIS INSTRUMENT.
and about the thing about him not being able to say god damn - thats just crazy. in slayers cult it has the line 'religion is a *****' for gods sake. theirs this one bad who i havent heard but was reading about them in kerrang that the singer is so anti-christian he branded a inverted crusifix onto his fore head. i want to hear their stuff.lol. 'jesus sucks, jesus sucks, lets go burn a church'
Page 1 of 2