So I started doing weights 3 times a week and I drink 2 Hershey Milkshakes right after that contain 6g protein. Is that enough or should I get one of those protein shakes I've been hearing about?
Protein shakes taste horrible, I used to have to drink them cuz my doctor told me to, I'd stamach half of it then throw the rest away.
Ha ha ha, No. Oh hell no. That's not enough.
Go with the real protein shakes. They'll contain around 30grams of protein.
You can find some that don't taste bad at all, Designer Whey is pretty good.
You can find it pretty cheap too online, as well as other really good articles about building muscle.

You might want to get on some creatine, it'll really help your lifts, and take some caffeine before you workout too, with all that you'll be tearing it up in the gym.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Last edited by rbmason at Feb 19, 2007,
get the real ones. theryre not that bad tasting (to me at least) and 6g really isnt that much
Umm, Hershey's milkshakes and 6g of protein? You know one of those tiny 8 oz yogurts has like 8g of protein.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
6 grams is nothing. I've been lifting for 3 years now... buy protein shakes. Some of them actually taste good. Make sure it is low in fat and sugar and contains at least 20-25 grams a serving. If you are trying to build mass I suggest consuming at least your current body weight in grams of protein each day...

Example: You weigh 170 lbs.

Consume 170 grams of protein daily minimum.

If you need any other advice pm me. I can suggest some other really beneficial supplements or exercises to you.
I've been lifting for about 3 years now. I do all olympic lifts, power snatches, RDL's, cleans, front squat, back squat, all explosive stuff. And I always have a protein shake afterwards. If you want flavor and really good stuff...GATORADE, has a nutrion shake that is meant for b4 and after work outs. You can only order online though off their site. But trust me, its worth it. The chocolate flavor is the best, and it really does help. They also have the little power-bars which are pretty good when your in the mood for one. For the shakes, I believe they are 3 different flavors, Chocolate (Best one), Strawberry (is good, but not as good as chocolate, and Vanilla (never tried it). I suggest going to gatorade's website, and looking it up. Trust me.
working out is for wankers. why don't you try actually doing work, manual labor, wilderness survival, etc, instead of pointless little exercises just to boost your ego. the more ripped you are, the more time you wasted and the lamer you look.

its the difference between actual muscles vs. gym muscles.
Quote by Siftings
working out is for wankers. why don't you try actually doing work, manual labor, wilderness survival, etc, instead of pointless little exercises just to boost your ego. the more ripped you are, the more time you wasted and the lamer you look.

Sounds like someone likes men.

Don't listen to anyone with a Nirvana avatar. Ever.
Quote by Siftings

I did swimming for over 10 years it really shaped me. I only train right now because I got no choice, its my school gym class.
I understand training sometimes, but taking all this shit just to beef up...

...really, whats the point?
Ok thanks alot for the advice guys. Do I buy these protein shakes at drug stores?
GNC, Vitamin World. I don't know what they have in Canada.

www.dpsnutrition.com They might ship there, Internet's always good.

But the muscle stores can really help you set up a stack.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Quote by Siftings

Not everybody trains to get like that. I'm 5' 8'' 180 lbs. with 9% body fat. I'm a little bulky but I'm not a fucking freak like that guy. (however photo shopped lol)
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Feb 20, 2007,
Quote by Siftings

are you serious? All people who work out do not become like that. A lot of people work out for their sport so that they could become better, maybe get a scolarship (sp?) from a good school, and actually be fit in their lives. Thats really pathetic.
Hey I lift sometimes but eat more junk food than protein, is it good to work out everyday? Or when is it good to lift in a week? Cause Ive been lifting for a while but I look the same as I did when I havent been lifting.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Protein shakes are really worth it. I drink one after working out after school. I've boosted alot actually and I can tell that it's helped. I'm only 15 (160lbs current)and 5'8 but this year alone I've boosted from 135 to 185. But I havn't been working on my arms lately. Mostly becasue I'm the running back for my school and I can squat 375 and powercleans I can do about 155 12 times. Mostly my coach got me a personal trainer and I don't have to pay for it...I'm sure thats helped alot.

And pushups are a great casual excersize. A good thing to do is do like 50 or 100(depends on the person) pushups and situps before you go to bed. Gets you tired and is a great way to workout. Then you just wake up and shower. Or you could do it before you shower in the morning.

EDIT: TO the guy above me. I'd say working out 4 times a week is plenty. Although, you should always increase and never do the same workouts each day. Alternate it, maybe do like bench, squat, situps one day. And then teh next day to Incline, Power cleans, and curls.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
They taste like the anus of a rotting elephant carcus, but theyre good.

I use this stuff called cel-tech advanced creatine formula and nitro-tech advanced whey protein.
Last edited by natel0083 at Feb 21, 2007,
Protein shakes are good, but I prefer Creatine.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by natel0083
They taste like the anus of a rotting elephant carcus, but theyre good.

I use this stuff called cel-tech advanced creatine formula and nitro-tech advanced whey protein.

and it's overrated and overpriced.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Protein shakes are really worth it. I drink one after working out after school. I've boosted alot actually and I can tell that it's helped. I'm only 15 (160lbs current)and 5'8 but this year alone I've boosted from 135 to 185. But I havn't been working on my arms lately. Mostly becasue I'm the running back for my school and I can squat 375 and powercleans I can do about 155 12 times. Mostly my coach got me a personal trainer and I don't have to pay for it...I'm sure thats helped alot.

And pushups are a great casual excersize. A good thing to do is do like 50 or 100(depends on the person) pushups and situps before you go to bed. Gets you tired and is a great way to workout. Then you just wake up and shower. Or you could do it before you shower in the morning.

EDIT: TO the guy above me. I'd say working out 4 times a week is plenty. Although, you should always increase and never do the same workouts each day. Alternate it, maybe do like bench, squat, situps one day. And then teh next day to Incline, Power cleans, and curls.

Dude...you're too young to start lifting. You're going to stunt your growth.
Quote by Ranxston
Pfff real men train and then cook a 5 pound steak.

hahaha... no living human could possibly consume that much steak in one sitting...
Gear:

Guitars
Ibanez JS1000
PRS custom 22
Fender Mustang 67'

Amp
Marshall JCM800 head
2x 1960AV half-stack

Pedals
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Pedal
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
ect.
Quote by beastiebeatles
Protein shakes are good, but I prefer Creatine.

They're not even the same thing...
That's like saying you prefer Red Bull over a chair.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
get whey protein. just go to a GNC and ask whoevers working theyll help

im trying damn hard not to laugh at the whole hershey milkshake thing......
sorry cant help HAHAHAHAHAHAH
co-founder of theressurect pogs club
pm me to join
(\__/)
(='.'=) this bunny also has a god complex
(")_(")

Quote by vBulletin Message
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

remember UG march 8&9, 2007 i was there.