Hey all!

We just started band practice and have a terrible problem with our snare drum...
When I play with my electric guitar the snare drum seems to buzz - and buzz a lot!!

How do I solve this problem!
and...What would be a good setup when practicing (I mean - where should we put the drums, the amps and mics....so that we don't get lot of feedback)

tnx all
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
you can get these plastic things for them so they dont do that i think
same here
the only thing we can come to is that its just not a good drum
Joey! Watch your speed!
My drummers snare buzzes from my bass all the time, but when we start playing, we play loud enough that you cant really hear it.
Loosen them, or put a thin strip of tape over the metal things under the snare, it'll make the snare sound like shit but it'll solve your problem.
Quote by super_duper
My drummers snare buzzes from my bass all the time, but when we start playing, we play loud enough that you cant really hear it.

that plus try turning your amp away, but its a natural thing of sound waves, so theres not much to be fixed
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by stratkat
Loosen them, or put a thin strip of tape over the metal things under the snare, it'll make the snare sound like shit but it'll solve your problem.

That sometimes changes the sound of the snare, you can't really do anything about except deal with it
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by Chickenfrmheck
that plus try turning your amp away, but its a natural thing of sound waves, so theres not much to be fixed

yeah, that what I thought.....well.... ....too bad ... it sounds like shit!
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
Quote by Arthur Curry
Get studio rings. Frealz.

What are those ???
either turn the snare off (There is a lever on the side to turn the snare off.), or but a remo ring.

the reason it does that is becuase anytime a drum head is tightened it is actually tuned to a note, most drummers dont know what it is, they just tighten it till it sounds good. you just happen to hit the frequency that the drum is tuned to.
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
yea, the rings stop the overtones on the drum head.
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
Bitching about a snare drum that buzzes is like bitching about a bassist that isn't very good.

It happens, it always will happen, just get over it.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Bitching about a snare drum that buzzes is like bitching about someone in the Pit bitching about a snaredrum that buzzes.

It happens, it always will happen, just get over it.
Quote by stratkat
the metal things under the snare

You mean the snare strainer?
Last edited by Gin_Rummy at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by Gin_Rummy
You mean the snares?

its actually called a strainer.
snares usually do that, the only thing that stops it is if you turn the little thing on the side which turns the snare off and loosens the bottom, but since you need to use the snare, you won't hear the buzzing once both guitars and drums are playing.
I'm so damn jealous of myself.
that happens to me when im practicing in my room my brothers drum buzzes all the time
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
yeah, it buzzes because of the sound of the guitar hitting the little chain things underneath, the thing that tightens the snare. it's normal. there really isn't any way to get around it, unless you have the drums in a cage with really good soundproofing or something.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
i have the same problem, just turn the snare off (side push-down lever), easy as that
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
if the buzz is a solid wave then you're okay, but if it wavers, smack one of those fools in the head and teach them how to tune their shit
Viva La Resistance!

RIP Bellamy, 2/7/07. Bye little buddy.
Quote by ibanezkam
its actually called a strainer.

Hmm, I clearly see "snare strainer" in my post.
I always wondered what those rings were doing.Now I know.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!