A while ago I bought a Vox AD50VT as a step up from the beginner Crate that I inherited. There are no good music stores near me so getting it took an hour car ride and being very pleased with the amp I bought it. Now that I’ve tinkered with it for about a month I find that either I just don’t like the pedals I have or they sound bad through this amp. Anyone else have any experience with this?
I don't use many of the pedals in my Vox AD30VT, other than the Delay and compressor, other than those I use external effects, they are more accessable when playing live (the amp sounds terrific mic'd in a live situation).

I bought the amp for the amp models, and all the clean models are wonderful, although the high gain ones tend to sound a bit flat (anything from the UK80s and up sounds bad to me). The amp is great for the way I use it, and probably won't be replaced till I buy a Vox AC30 or AC15, and even then I will probably keep it and run it in stereo.
Pedals + modeling amps = Bleh.

It won't sound good at all, threadstarter.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
yeha i got a berhinger modeling pedal and i was dissapointed al i use is the delay reverb clean chanels and and compressor the only cool thing is you can plug head phones right into the pedal you don't have to use the amp lol but i find all the gains are poor sounding
^Aye, with the cube, it's a different story.

*EDIT* But I didn't use the FX loops...so, that may be why.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I love the cleans on this amp, I wanted external pedals to either change the existing highgain amps or add them to the lower ones, but what you're saying is that i'd be better off going with a more single-identity amp in order to use those?
Sorry about that, didn't see your response before i asked more. Thanks much.