I have an Epi Special II and I just got a new DiMarzio Super Distortion that I'm about to put in. At the risk of sounding retarded, the new pick-up is a creme color while the rest of the guitar is Wine Red/Black.

The question is, if I get humbucker covers will it change the sound of the new humbucker any or am I just being a wuss by complaining about how stupid my guitar's going to look? And is it even worth it to get said covers?

I welcome your opinion and I thank those who do.
I've been told that it does change the sound somewhat. That kept me from doing it.
It hardly changes your sound. Unless you have a highly trained ear, you probably won't notice the difference.
cover makes it a tiny tiny bit brighter actually..
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
i would do it it is worth the sacrafice you won't notice the difference and it will look awesome i have one of those guitars and i am telling you upgrade the tuners too you might have to drill in part of the head but trust me the are cheap alum inum
I play without cover on my Les Paul. I've had Pauls with covers and without and far prefer them without. Pickups are hotter, Sound better, and look cooler.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
I play without cover on my Les Paul. I've had Pauls with covers and without and far prefer them without. Pickups are hotter, Sound better, and look cooler.

warmer sweeter tone with covers. for my les paul studio with a screamin deamon there was no choice because it is a heavy rock pickup
Yeah, I'm pretty sure covers make it a little warmer and smoother, and maybe take a little bite away. But it should be pretty subtle, and if looks are really important to you then I'd go ahead.
yeah, not a huge difference, but it is there. Covers round the treble and bass slightly, making it warmer sounding.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids