you probably opened this thread thinking some popular, yet broken up metal band was getting back together for one show. haha, you'd be wrong.

the good news is, a highly underrated band called Mortal Treason is getting back together for one show. go here to hear it from them.

they're playing in nashville, tn around april and i'm definitely going to see them. are joo?

EDIT: a definite place and time has been set. May 11 @ the Anchor in Nashville. I've just got to find a ride and i'm there.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Last edited by t3hrav3n at Apr 24, 2007,
They're not bad but I think this would be better in the hardcore forum since the band is deathcore-ish and the metal forum's reaction to deathcore isn't always good.
Deathcore is a paradox. Bo said it himself.

Mortal Treason is great, first band with growls that I heard. I'd love to see them, but Nashville is a pretty distance from Alberta, so I won't get to.

But again, chill with the 'deathcore' stuff.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
Deathcore is a paradox. Bo said it himself.

I don't believe so at all. As much as I respect bo, it's usually pretty easy to spot a band like Red Chord or JFAC from Suffocation or Deeds fo Flesh. All you have to do is listen for the chugga-chugga breakdown thrown in the most annoying of places. I mean, theoretically, there's not much of a difference between "melodic death metal" and "metalcore" except that metalcore bands, as do "deathcore", keep coming up with new ways to ruin perfectly good songs with perfectly bad breakdowns.

I don't see a paradox in it at all.

Though personally, being a bit "old school" as they say remember when Black Flag and Agnostic Front were considered "hardcore".

*sigh*
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
A paradox is an oxymoron that uses more than two words to describe it.

Deathcore = 1 word. Two if you get technical.

Therefore it's an oxymoron and belongs here, where as paradoxes such as Post-Hardcore Death Metalcore belong in the hardcore forum.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
I don't believe in deathcore for two reasons:

1) Because only bands who dress in a trendy way are labelled so, take Gojira: more breakdowns and grooooovy riffs than most JFAC songs, but not labelled deathcore because they are accepted as "cool" and "not trendy" by the metal fanbase. Devourment and other such slam style death metal border on "deathcore" at times IMO, but theyre accepted as death metal again due to their image

2) Because bands that are labelled deathcore now were not labelled deathcore in the past, despite no change in sound.

"Deathcore" is more often than not just US slam style death metal with a few hardcore tinged breakdowns

*2 cents*
Abscess sound more like a hardcore punk band than JFAC and that too, but I think the reason why Deathcore is different from Death Metal other than musically is the scene it came from (which I think it's right to separate them) plus most of the bands were plain metalcore until they started getting heavier and adding death growls.

The fad will be over soon enough anyway as it seems that lots of them are already moving on to non-metal/punk based music.
i've always thought of MT as kinda black metal-ish, but i can see the hardcore influence. at any rate, i think people bickering over exactly what defines a genre and what genre a band is is silly, but gladly, that's not happening here.

the heaviest stuff i'd heard before mortal treason was slipknot (i was young, forgive me) and old a7x, but when i heard mortal treason for the first time, they made slipknot seem bubblegum pop in comparison. i personally love breakdowns and MT is good at making them imo, and i love the growls that seth (the singer) does.

so yeah, i'm definitely going to see them when they go to nashville. i live a few hours away, so it's well worth the trip. it'd be only my second real show and i'm kinda scared crapless at the fact that there's going to be a pit raging behind me, though, if it's just a dance pit, then i'd be fine. it's fun watching those hardcore kids dance like idiots and think they're awesome.
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Quote by StuartR
Abscess sound more like a hardcore punk band than JFAC and that too, but I think the reason why Deathcore is different from Death Metal other than musically is the scene it came from (which I think it's right to separate them) plus most of the bands were plain metalcore until they started getting heavier and adding death growls.

The fad will be over soon enough anyway as it seems that lots of them are already moving on to non-metal/punk based music.

This is true of a lot of UK "deathcore" bands like Clone the Fragile & Postmortem Promises who I wuld just call metalcore. Regardless, they suck, their songs are just one big breakdown for the girl - trousered scenesters to hardcore dance to.
In my opinion, you have two different situations: 1) Death Metal bands with beatdowns (take Devourment, ANY Slam Death etc etc) and 2) Metalcore bands with blastbeats.

Let us take, for example, Bring Me The Horizon. We have blastbeats + beatdowns.

Then take Devourment, where we also have blastbeats + beatdowns in the songs.

Are we going to lump them in the same category just because the two best genre -defining elements have been incorporated into a song structure? I mean, does that idea really confuse us so much that we have to create a new genre to put them in, because the strict boundaries of Metalcore or Death Metal would burst were these bands placed in one or the other? Surely, Metal in general is more flexible than that (and IMO, it is).

'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
I don't see how The Red Chord is labeled this fallacy known as "Deathcore". They may have quote unquote "breakdowns", yet they still have more talent than most scenesters, I leave out bands such as JFAC and WTC due to how i like them. The Red Chord sounds nothing like this whole deathcore thing, on the subject of this thread, I haven't gotten around to listen to this band, I will try to find some stuff by them and give 'em a try.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
edited first post, they've got new info on where and when it'll be.
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist