Did anyone else hear about the possible screen adaptation of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King?

I am really excited about it.I hope whatever comes of this does the series justice.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
The first two books were really good, the third was ok, as was the fourth. The whole mixing the world of The Stand with Oz was kind of lame. Check that, it was really lame. Stephen King is really overrated, IMO, and just writes blathering stories because he doesn't consciously plot.

What's going to be much better is HBO's adaptation of George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Check that, it was really lame. Stephen King is really overrated, IMO, and just writes blathering stories because he doesn't consciously plot.

Read 'Needful Things' and get back to me.
<Han> I love Hitler
^ Nah. I've read some of his stuff that's been really good. The shorter, the better, IMO. For example, "Eyes of the Dragon" and "Pet Sematary" are awesome. "The Stand" is fucking terrible. I've read 1,200 page books that I couldn't put down (George R. R. Martin's "Storm of Swords," for example), but "The Stand" was a snooze-fest. Likewise, The Gunslinger is great and is based on a really good premise, but the story through the other 6 books just stretched on. And Oy? Good Christ, that's like George Lucas kiddy-fying Star Wars. He also has a terribly annoying habit of taking worlds that he's created that he thinks are interesting and using them over and over.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by kornflipsk8er
Did anyone else hear about the possible screen adaptation of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King?

I am really excited about it.I hope whatever comes of this does the series justice.

I would like to see that. I read the whole series and it would be pretty interesting to see who would play Roland.
* casualty01 slinks away, sad, with a paddle in one hand and a strap on in the other.
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ Nah. I've read some of his stuff that's been really good. The shorter, the better, IMO. For example, "Eyes of the Dragon" and "Pet Sematary" are awesome. "The Stand" is fucking terrible. I've read 1,200 page books that I couldn't put down (George R. R. Martin's "Storm of Swords," for example), but "The Stand" was a snooze-fest. Likewise, The Gunslinger is great and is based on a really good premise, but the story through the other 6 books just stretched on. And Oy? Good Christ, that's like George Lucas kiddy-fying Star Wars. He also has a terribly annoying habit of taking worlds that he's created that he thinks are interesting and using them over and over.

Fair enough

I personally loved The Stand, but I've always been a fan of his.

Seriously, though, you should check out Needful Things. The way he twists the plots toghether is amazing.
<Han> I love Hitler