Ok everyone, its time for me to upgrade my gear. I've been playing for around 4 years. Right now I'm playing an Ibanez GAX70, which I'm looking to replace. (I realize I should get a better amp too, but I've got bad frets, a crack in the fretboard, and dieing pickups, among other things) I'm looking to spend somewhere between $700USD - $1000USD.

Things I'm looking for:
24 frets
A quality double-locking trem
already has quality pickups installed
a fast neck
ultra-low action

I've been looking at Jackson guitars, the rhoads v and dinky in particular. I really like the shape of the v but i havent had a chance to play one yet, so i guess ill see how comfortable that is next time a go to guitar center. I was looking at the dinky in case i dont like the feel of the v. Also, i was thinking about ibanez guitars, I was playing a similar model to the one that herman li plays the other day and really liked.

I mostly like to play melodic death metal/black metal with the ocassional classic rock song now and then.

On a sidenote, is there such a thing as a bass simulator pedal? I play bass at my church on occasion and really dont have the money to buy a quality bass/bass amp.

Thanks guys for the help.
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
I mostly like to play melodic death metal/black metal with the ocassional classic rock song now and then....

I play bass at my church.

Classic.
Quote by grunger
I mostly like to play melodic death metal/black metal with the ocassional classic rock song now and then....

I play bass at my church.

Classic.

@gregevans209: Dunno, if I were you, I'd split up the $1000 and buy a $500 amp and a $500 guitar. Of course it depends on your amp, but the sound of a $1000 guitar won't be done justice if you have a horrible amp.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Quote by QuiteTheFellow

@gregevans209: Dunno, if I were you, I'd split up the $1000 and buy a $500 amp and a $500 guitar. Of course it depends on your amp, but the sound of a $1000 guitar won't be done justice if you have a horrible amp.

No, but the playability will be.
Quote by Jongpil Yun
No, but the playability will be.

But why have a guitar the plays amazing but sounds like shit?

I'd rather have it play both pretty good and sound pretty good, as opposed to just stacking one category.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Quote by Jongpil Yun
Rg1570

+1
Quote by Zaxl_Rose
amps > guitars as far as sound goes. end of story.

Amps don't have 24 frets, fast necks, double locking trems, or low action. Which coincidently TS was looking for.
^ Yea but I believe he also doesnt want those 24 frets, fast necks, and double locking trems to sound like shit correct?

You can get a good tube amp for like 300$, then you can spend 700$ on an Ibanez. That's what I would do.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Carvin DC 127/DC 200 depending on what pickup configuration you want. Customize it to your preferences.

Seriously. Do it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by QuiteTheFellow
But why have a guitar the plays amazing but sounds like shit?

I'd rather have it play both pretty good and sound pretty good, as opposed to just stacking one category.

The guitar is still going to play and sound awesome. It's not going to sound like shit because he's playing it through a Cube 30 or something. It'll just sound BETTER when he gets a better amp.
Lol yea, its probably some sort of blasphemy to listen to black metal and go to church. w/e ill take my chances.

Anyway, yea, im pretty much just looking for playablilty right now. The playability on my current guitar is about nil. i dont have enough space for a decent amp right now anyway .

Ill check out that ibanez next time a go to my guitar store, i know they carry them. any thoughts on the jacksons though?
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
Also, if i get the rg1570 what sort of amp should i try to get?
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
LTD Deluxe MH-1000 - The 2007 model has an original floyd rose and EMG's!
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
bumb. how are the pickups on the rg1570 anyway?
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15