Page 1 of 2
ive played guitar for a little over 3 years and i love it, but i want to be skilled at multiple instruments also, i just ordered an irish tin whistle, which was nice and cheap, and came with a book and cd, and they look fun too. whats some other cool intruments i could learn how to play? thats not to expensive
Harmonica.

Or if you're up to it, the mandolin. This kid in my cabin at camp had been playing mandolin for ~7 years, and he could seriously shred on it. It was awesome.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Theramin.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Harmonica and mandilon are great. Piano too. I've been taking up the Hurdy Gurdy lately :P maybe a Dulcimer down the road
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
keyboards are pretty cheap and simple to get the basics down with already knowing some musical theory...they also come in amazingly handy for composing...
Kazooo!!!!!!!!

or... violin
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
piano. i only know a little but i know people who learned piano and they think it made them better at guitar
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by TheEyeOfHorus
what kind of intruments were used by ancient egyptians?

Pretty sure they had some forms of harps and xylophones.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

I wanted something wicked so I took up cello. Cello > your soul. Although viola, double bass, and harpsichord are amazing too. I wish I had the money for all that.
the spoons
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
lap harp, or the egyptian harp if you want something egyptian theres also an egyptian harp.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by TheEyeOfHorus
what kind of intruments were used by ancient egyptians?

I believe it was the lute.

Harmonica is defenitely up there. Saxophone is cool too but those things are expensive...
i would like to learn piano and violin..... metal piano and violin... and i dont blow but bagpipes would be cool too.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Keyboard. Teh sex as an alternative instrument after guitar.
And the theremin looks awesome. Saw some vids on youtube.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

i'd say lute or glissentar, which is a fretless middle eastern guitar like instrument.
I play trumpet
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
who thinks we should make an ethnic instrument thread? eh? where would you put a thread like that?
Page 1 of 2