hi, does anyone know how how good jackson licensed floyd roses are? i'm thinking of buying a jackson rr3, i think the floyd on there is a jt580. also, does anyone know how good the seymour-duncan jb tb4 pickup is for metal? i know emg would be better... but i won't have the money to buy a pickup after a new guitar .
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

^ Do you know who that is? It's the guitar player from Fall Out Boy.
I have a Jackson DKMG that comes with a licenced Trem. Many people talk crap about it, saying it never stays in tune, but i've had my guitar for 2 years now and through my experience i've never have had problems with it. I say buy the guitar, i've played it a few times, the feel is just great.
Why do people talk about EMG pickups (which are probably $90), and say "Ah, man, that is WAY too expensive!", and they'll go out and buy an $800 guitar or something? I find that strange...

I'm not saying you're doing it, it just popped in my head.
I've had my RR3 for about 4 months I use the floyd rose quite a bit and I've never had any problems with it, and it does metal great, Its an awesome guitar, I've got a the black one, so ****in sexy!
yeah the trem is fine, never heard any cases of them failing or going out of tune or anything, i have the same trem on my guitar and its been goin strong for over a year
what about esp licensed floyds?
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

^ Do you know who that is? It's the guitar player from Fall Out Boy.
I have the rhoads and its perfect for metal. Thats what its made for. The pickups are insane and the trem is fine, it just takes time to get used to. Go get it. It's a great guitar
Quote by soadquake981

ROFL here we go again he's gunna bring up the alexi-200 in a sec.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Ive had an rr3 since august. its pretty good for staying in tune, usually needs a tweak every 2 days, but since i bought it i've only had to fully retune it from the headstock twice, and i play every day for a few hours with large amounts of bending and whammy dives.

however, the whammy bar snapped once. sorted under warranty though. so no big
Quote by CobenBlack
however, the whammy bar snapped once. sorted under warranty though. so no big

Thats happened to me twice now. How the **** does that happen? I'm not an agressive player at all yet I snapped the bar twice.
Quote by soadquake981

one word...CRAP!!!! Ive had experience with them...please...theyre the crappiest floyds i know!!!!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
I guess I'm blessed with good LFRs, because on both my Rhoads EX Professional and my DKMG Dinky, I can dip the bar all the way until the bar is actually touching the body, bring it back up to pitch, pull up another 6 steps, then return again and it won't go out of tune at all. I'll also proceed to do this for an hour. Still in tune.
Quote by Vittu0666
I guess I'm blessed with good LFRs, because on both my Rhoads EX Professional and my DKMG Dinky, I can dip the bar all the way until the bar is actually touching the body, bring it back up to pitch, pull up another 6 steps, then return again and it won't go out of tune at all. I'll also proceed to do this for an hour. Still in tune.

Yes i know. Jackson floyd roses are not bad...ESP LTD are just meh...crap. I talk of experience. The thing didnt hold its tuning the first day i got it and as far as i know it had the same trem. that alexi-200 has so thats that!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!