I just finished ordering all my parts for my California Dreamer. I'm hoping everything will be here by the end of the week so I can start this weekend, but as is the case with shipping...no promises.

I'm using the Rev 3 put out by Dan Souder (http://home.comcast.net/~daniel.souder/). It's capable of accepting 6V6's and 6L6's, but I only ordered a set of 6V6 Groove Tubes. If I need more clean room later, I'll order a set of 6L6's.

I'll keep you guys up to date on what happens. I'll try for some pictures along the way and sound clips when it's finished.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Last edited by andrew7667 at Feb 21, 2007,
So there was an issue with the biggest batch of materials from AES. It should be resolved in the morning, but who knows. The stuff from AES (the chassis, irons, tubes, etc.) should be here Friday if I get that stuff sorted out tomorrow. Hopefully my stuff from Hoffman gets here quick. I'd like to at least get the board building stuff and chassis stuff by Friday. That should be a good weekend's worth of work.

Sorry, I'm rambling.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
A clean sounding amp, i'm guessing?

Sounds like it sounds pretty.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Indeed. The one I'm building is based on an AX84 build.

It has that warm clean tone and a tweedy growl. The clean room is kind of narrow, so it'll actually be more of a blues amp, but with a quick tube change, my clean room could be extended.

http://ax84.com/?pg=associateprojects&project_id=california

They have sound clips and what not on AX84 of it.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
On board wiring is complete, chassis is drilled, and all the irons are in place. I drilled the holes the wrong size so I'll need to head over to my dad's to re-drill them (I don't have my own). I'm hoping everything will be finished up tomorrow night.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's