Ive been trying to learn some fast, down picked, metalcore and melodic death metal type riffs, like Elder misanthropy by the black dahlia murder and its been killing my picking arm, is there any way to build up endourance in it with excersizes or does it just come with practicing?
Just keep practicing. Or you can make up your own exercises. Try picking frets 1-2-3-4on the E string, then the A, etc. up all the strings. Then move up on fret and pick 4-3-2-1 on the high e, B, etc down all the strings. Shift up one fret and repeat up the fretboard. When you get comfortable, go faster and faster.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
It all really depends on what you feel like doing. It is definitely the best way to just play and play and play. You might as well practice some scales while you are strengthening your arm. Try to go as fast as you can once you feel comfortable. One that Ive done at least a thousand times is:

E|---------------------------0-1-3-1-0----------------------------|
B|----------------------0-1-3----------3-1-0----------------------|
G|------------------0-2----------------------2-0------------------|
D|------------0-2-3------------------------------3-2-0------------|
A|------0-2-3------------------------------------------3-2-0------|
E|0-1-3------------------------------------------------------3-1-0|
Schecter Hellraiser
-Abalone border
-Gothic cross inlays
-Orgasm.
Quote by Guitar Noob
It all really depends on what you feel like doing. It is definitely the best way to just play and play and play. You might as well practice some scales while you are strengthening your arm. Try to go as fast as you can once you feel comfortable. One that Ive done at least a thousand times is:

E|---------------------------0-1-3-1-0----------------------------|
B|----------------------0-1-3----------3-1-0----------------------|
G|------------------0-2----------------------2-0------------------|
D|------------0-2-3------------------------------3-2-0------------|
A|------0-2-3------------------------------------------3-2-0------|
E|0-1-3------------------------------------------------------3-1-0|

me too, ive played this countless times and its a good scale
try playing master of puppets or megadeth songs, they usually have a lot of fast rythems that should build this up.
I found learning a song like confined by as i lay dying helped alot because of all of the "chugging" you could call it. at first after fully playing that song my arm was really tired. but now i play it no problem and my arm doesn't get tired at all.