Page 1 of 2
I doubt this thread will last long, but I had a cool thought the other day when I was watching a battle scene on one of the Lord of the Rings, and Arson (Amon Amarth) was on in my room, and I sat down and thought for a minute how ****ing sweet a movie like that would be.

Crazy cool, Dark Ages era, with great battles and stuff with DM in the background..

Just thought that'd be kinda cool..

And if I'm just being an R-tard and there already is a movie like this, tell me.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
No movie I've heard has death metal as the background music for a battle, could be cool, but things like LOTR I think the music fits pretty good, if it was DM playing in the background thats the only thing I would focus on me thinks.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by I,Voyager
It's not on the actual movie, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmu0LMlS8Us

that just didnt seem to fit very well.....
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
I have often had the same thought, but I dont think the mainstream would go for it. The best motion picture sound track ever made was Basil Poulderis' Conan soundtrack. But we all know that. Heres a metal cover of Anvil of Krom.

Anvil of Krom - Megadriver
Apparently a lot of underground zombie flicks have got death metal soundtracks..
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by eternalgorias
^It's in the darth metal thread still good but.

Of course it is.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Apparently a lot of underground zombie flicks have got death metal soundtracks..

Im not too sure, but Dawn of the Dead had some death metal in the credits.

Not brutal death metal, but I think In Flames had a track in Freddy Vs Jason. Not sure though.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
put a dm / sludge track behind cannibal holocaust. you got one sav movie.
dont try to stereotype crusties, its just a dumb move
Natural Born Killers would of been cool with a thrash metal track behind it. :p

Resident Evil + Metal
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by PlayTheMetal
Resident Evil + Metal

Resident Evil + mallcore, to my memory.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Didn't specify, I meant i would like Resident Evil + Metal.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
The B movie about Richard Ramirez (The Nightstalker is title I think) has death metal when hes talking to Satan.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
I would love to make a movie with all metal in it.

There isn't a scene you can think of that CAN'T have some sort of metal song/band in it.

Hell, even sex scenes are easy. "Last Day of Winter" by Pelican starting about 5:37 would be damn near perfect. It's not overly abrasive, and it has a building momentum to it.

Man.... I wish I could overdub movies now. No scene would be safe. Battle scenes, chase scenes, anything.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Hellraiser would have been even better with some death metal
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Crank would've kicked tons of ass if they had Metal playing during some of those scenes. God I love that movie.

Oh and the new movie "300" looks pretty wicked. It'd kick ass if they had Metal playing behind in some of those battles.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
dude this is going to sound dumb, but i was just watching mulan with my friend, and the hun are soooooooo metal its not even funny. just watch it and youll see what i mean.
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
This is gonna sound lame but Dani Filth made a movie (or was only in it) called Cradle of Fear and their was black metal in it as I remember.

And lots of underground zombie movies have metal in them.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Quote by SGRocker0791

Japanese School girls killing each + Copious amounts of fake blood + Cheesy deaths + Melo-Death = BADASS
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
Quote by Nelsean
Im not too sure, but Dawn of the Dead had some death metal in the credits.

DISTURBED ARE DEATH METAL?

I don't think Hellraiser would work with metal, creepy ambient/industrial music would work better.

Dario Argento sometimes puts metal in his soundtracks... there was an Iron Maiden and a Motorhead song in Phenomena/Creepers.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
sounds sick but it owuld be kool if there was an actual amon amarth movie!
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by raise_the_dead
DISTURBED ARE DEATH METAL?

Duh..

Lol. I havent seen the movie since it came out in theaters, so yeah...

if you wanna call that commercialized crap metal: The Covenant
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Best metal song ever in a movie would be Napalm Death-Twist the knife, in Mortal fucking Combat. Johnny Cage vs. Goro + Napalm Death = extreme pwnage. Helarious flick as well. I never realized it until I heard the song Twist the Knife, and thought, why do multiple armed ogres come to mind when I hear this?
Quote by Nelsean
Duh..

Lol. I havent seen the movie since it came out in theaters, so yeah...

Forget that crappy movie, WATCH THE ORIGINAL!

It's got bikers pillaging a mall whilst pwning zombies. How metal is that?
Quote by mer_der_noms
Crank would've kicked tons of ass if they had Metal playing during some of those scenes. God I love that movie.

Oh and the new movie "300" looks pretty wicked. It'd kick ass if they had Metal playing behind in some of those battles.

Yea, "300" looks like a good fit, but I don't think any fast DM would work, it would have to be more like the industrial stuff.

I know NIN isn't metal, but that song REALLY fits the commercial, and if the battles start slowing down and all like in the commercial, you would need some slower, drone like metal.

Grind for the charges definitely.

Saxo-Walrus

300 looks badass. I can't wait to go see that bad motha****er.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

*slaps self on forehead*

You guys know that the classic 1922 horror movie Nosferatu was re-released with a Type O Negative soundtrack?
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
300 looks badass. I can't wait to go see that bad motha****er.

It's all the sweeter for me, we're out of school for a teacher work day on March 9, the day it comes out. So not only do I get to see it, I get to sleep in, be well rested, THEN see the most amazing movie to come out thus far this year.

Hell yea.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by flying_phoenix
Best metal song ever in a movie would be Napalm Death-Twist the knife, in Mortal fucking Combat. Johnny Cage vs. Goro + Napalm Death = extreme pwnage. Helarious flick as well. I never realized it until I heard the song Twist the Knife, and thought, why do multiple armed ogres come to mind when I hear this?

Hahaha, How could I forget the movie which got me into metal, I brought the soundtrack and thought that napalm death song was the shite. So I went out and grabbed me a copy of Inside the torn apart. My first metal CD.
Quote by fallenangel20

It's all the sweeter for me, we're out of school for a teacher work day on March 9, the day it comes out. So not only do I get to see it, I get to sleep in, be well rested, THEN see the most amazing movie to come out thus far this year.

Hell yea.

I'll probably just cut class, cause I just watched Pulp Fiction and I want to use the saying "Badass Mutha****a"...I need a wallet that says that
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

*cough* I SAID, Type O did a soundtrack for Nosferatu!
Quote by headbanger408
Japanese School girls killing each + Copious amounts of fake blood + Cheesy deaths + Melo-Death = BADASS

Vital Remains is just Death Metal man.

Quote by gsr2k6
Thats to that video, i downloaded battle royale, and i must say... its sheer bad assedry was just awsome.

I know, I just posted that because it was pretty cool.
Page 1 of 2