Ok for chem we have to work out the ratio for black powder from the equation

2-KNO3 + 3-C + S = 3-CO2 + N2 + K2S

After calculating Mass Ratio e.t.c. i came up with the percentages 74.8% KNO3 13.3% C and 11.8% Sulfur. This is obviously different to the common 75:15:10 ratio most commonly quoted. What could be the reason for the differences?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
So what if it's different from the common ratio? That's probably the point.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
It seems like it's pretty close.

The slight variables are probally due to to factors out of your control... Like more air reacting with the nitrate to produce more of a byproduct such as O2 or CO2 or something....

Don't worry as long as you close to the percentages (and they are) you should be fine.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Last edited by Alex The Red at Feb 20, 2007,
I would say that as well. It's just a common ratio. What you got looks very similar to the given ratio.

My explanation? Someone wasn't 100% accurate to within a molecule when they created the compound.
Quote by yawn
Black Power \m/

Oh, wait, nevermind.

my reaction exactly
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Sorry i worked out the molar mass of the reactants and then figured out the %mass from that
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both