NO, no they're not...

Just some curly haired uni kids who can play a few chords...
Perhaps if you shave his hair off, he'll lose all his powers - like Samson.

Someone should try it. Any method to make them bugger off.
I like em. Songs have a good fun feel. Yay for britpop.

Quote by TCkarlos
NO, no they're not...

Just some curly haired uni kids who can play a few chords...

what are you doing opening a Kooks thread? Besides, songs do not need to be ridiculously complex to be good...
I just saw the oppurtunity for a first post and panicked...

To be fair I like You Dont Love Me and She Moves In Her Own Way when I was on holiday in France because they suited summer. But I wouldn't listen to them this time of year because its not fitting.
I've gone so far off this band it's unbelievable.

I used to quite like them, but now, every time I hear one of their songs that I'm not keen on I try to avoid it like the plague.

The lyrics are terrible, the music is uninspiring and often boring, they're arrogant wasters and I really hope they piss off some time soon.

I still like Seaside, Sofa Song and Naiive, but every other song makes me want to cut my ears off. Matchbox excepted maybe.
The Kooks are boring as hell, dull girly music that idiots listen to because they think it's deep.
Quote by TreeSurgery
Yay for britpop.

Grr, the Kooks are not ...

...not even very influenced by britpop imo. Just being British doesn't make you a britpop band...

/pet hate

Um, overall I have to say I quite like them, Naive and She Moves In Her Own Way were two of the best things to come out of 2006 for me.
Quote by Draken
The Kooks are boring as hell, dull girly music that idiots listen to because they think it's deep.

sums it up

Yeah they're not exactly deep or anything but you can't deny that they've come up with a few tunes. I don't much like them, but they are all decent musicians and have produced some good tracks which are catchy and popular. They did go a bit overboard releasing so many of their songs from the album but just because they are popular it doesn't mean they're shit or girly.
Naive was neat. I like that odd strumming.

Then he starts singing in that goddamn accent he puts on.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
That Eddie's Gun or whatever it's alled is an ok single, but the album, and the band overall, are just rubbish. They're really just the new Westlife.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"