Yesterday I drank 10 shots of absinthe with a mate (10 each, La Fee Parisian 68%, straight) and got more than slightly drunk, fearing the worlds worst hangover this morning I awoke to find I'm absolutely fine, and somehow its infused me with the power to fingerpick perfectly...I can play a song now that before I couldn't get to sound out, and I did it with such ease I forgot I was playing it and went on a random thought train...

Anyone else been given superpowers/abilities by drinking?

Pointless stupid thread I know, and I searched and found nothing...so if you flame, be nice

I've never had a headache from drinking. No matter how smashed i get, i dont get a headache. But my guitar abilities go WAY down after i've had a few.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
Are you sure you weren't just thinking you were a better guitar player? That tends to happen with alcohol.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I've only drank that stuff a few times, needed to buy it in mexico for about $50 a bottle, its banned in the US Never got superpowers though
Ron Paul 2008
No cause the guitarplaying things this morning, the morning after, im not drunk at all now, it wore off about 4am just before I went to sleep

EDIT:To wingedgopher

hahaha yeah we got 50Cl for 20 quid in Tescos
We and my mate had 5 doubles each (well 4 and 2 singles)
And theres still 4 doubles left
Or just about...

Absolutely amazing drink
i can vomit and play master of puppets at the same time. talent
I HATE YOU
Quote by _zac_
ill flame as much as i damn well please

suck my balls
Quote by tushmeister
Yesterday I drank 10 shots of absinthe with a mate (10 each, La Fee Parisian 68%, straight) and got more than slightly drunk, fearing the worlds worst hangover this morning I awoke to find I'm absolutely fine, and somehow its infused me with the power to fingerpick perfectly...I can play a song now that before I couldn't get to sound out, and I did it with such ease I forgot I was playing it and went on a random thought train...

Anyone else been given superpowers/abilities by drinking?

Pointless stupid thread I know, and I searched and found nothing...so if you flame, be nice

Aren't you supposed to use a special slotted spoon with sugar cubes and ice water when you drink Absinthe? I'm assuming you didn't even bother with that, seeing as how you had shots.

How was the absinthe? I've always wanted to try some, but I'm still underage, and those of my friends who buy liquor only go for JD really. Not that that's bad.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Aren't you supposed to use a special slotted spoon with sugar cubes and ice water when you drink Absinthe? I'm assuming you didn't even bother with that, seeing as how you had shots.

How was the absinthe? I've always wanted to try some, but I'm still underage, and those of my friends who buy liquor only go for JD really. Not that that's bad.

Almost... You put the sugar cube on the spoon, pour the absinthe on it and then light it on fire...

Its good if u wanna get trashed quickly.... It doesnt make u hallucinate which is somewhat dissapointing, Doing the whole sugar thing made it taste a bit different, because of the caramelised sugar.... It is nice, definatly a quick way to get pissed!!!
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by sheumack111
Almost... You put the sugar cube on the spoon, pour the absinthe on it and then light it on fire...

Its good if u wanna get trashed quickly.... It doesnt make u hallucinate which is somewhat dissapointing, Doing the whole sugar thing made it taste a bit different, because of the caramelised sugar.... It is nice, definatly a quick way to get pissed!!!

Yeah it gets you ****ed up easily but its to expensive for me and i'm to fucking paranoid while crossing the border
Ron Paul 2008
Maybe that would explain those guys fromdragonforce who just seem to stand around and drink beer all the time?
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I had the same experience, only with Jim Beam. A few cups of 50% JB with 50% Coke, and I was ridiculously fleet-fingered
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Yeah we had the one semi-proper (and youre not MEANT to set it alight, its an option, standard is just sugar and ice/warm or cold water)
the first one we had with cold water and sugar, but i prefer it straight, my friend kept mixing it

My problem is i don't shot, i drink slowly...the last double I drank so slow my mouth was numb before i was halfway through it, course I carried on

I'm still underage too btw, my mates 18 though..
And absinthe is amazing, if youre not a heavyweight drinker then your best off trying one or two shots (maybe doubles) and seeing how you go, me and my friend are just insanely hard to get drunk...
I've never been good at playing guitar while drinking anything. A few beers is nice just to get a lil relaxed for singing and playing, but anymore than that I can't keep rhythm. Although I've written some great lyrics while hammered or high. As far as playing though, forget about it. Being totally smashed and playing guitar is about as useless as anything, unless you want some good stories from your friends on how badly you played.
absinthe is great, too bad to get the real stuff in the Us you have to either make it yourself or pay $100 a bottle to get it shipped to the US in a way that it an get past customs.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Yeah in Europe it's not so hard to get, you can get the lower percentages (68%) in supermarkets (well Tescos, not found it in any other)..

Definetly worth the money though, 20 quid for so much drunkness, its expensive but its the best value for money spirit I reckon
yeah. tush is the allmighty godmeister of all that is drunk.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by Charlatan_001

from personal experience, absinthe numbs your mouth and tastes like listerine.
i'd like it if it didnt taste like melted liqorice.

The reason you didn't hallucinate, by the way, is because only absinthe with the wormwood in will make you hallucinate (it's illegal in the UK). Without, it just gets you very drunk.
Quote by jaymyvendetta

The reason you didn't hallucinate, by the way, is because only absinthe with the wormwood in will make you hallucinate (it's illegal in the UK). Without, it just gets you very drunk.

You're all overestimating the power of wormwood. Levels in absinthe are so ridiculously small, unless you drink A LOT, you'll feel nothing out of the ordinary. And by that stage, you're pretty much going to be ridiculously drunk
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by jaymyvendetta

awww dude

blates brought some of that back from czech republic.

but shhh.
I hope you did the whole clouding thing and not just drank it straight like a noob.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
how many times have I said this on the forums.....

THE ABSINTHE YOU GET IN TESCO IS NOT TECHNICALLY ABSINTHE.

Due to the absence of Thujone, which causes hallucinations in enough quantity. If you want that, make it yourself, however the ingrediants (especially wormwood) are expensive... unless you go around nicking it out of every available pot of potpourri.

Threadstarter, as you seem to be UK based, I will quite happily make some for you and sell it to you.
Umm Delirium, La Fee Parisian isthe absinthe most heavily linked with hallucinations...dont know where youre getting your info from, oh and there IS wormwood in La Fee Parisian, or at least I remember my mate reading it off the ingredient list (its latin name is something absinthium isnt it...thats what he read out)

So yeah
It CAN cause hallucinations, its most linked to the green fairy, a common hallucination apparently..

I can find proof if you guys need it
*shakes head* since the hallucinogen THUJONE is, I believe, ILLEGAL, they won't put it in Absinthe anymore.

And I never said that wormwood wasn't in it. Read, fool.

I've never had hallucinations off LaFee. Nor have any of my friends. The stuff we brew ourselves, however, is a different story.
Thujone has been tested vigourisly and been found to cause NO hallucinations. Absinthe does under the EU rules contain at a maximum 35mg/kg of thujone. It acts as a GABA(a) inhibitor. Scientists assumed for years that thujone acted as a cannaboid (like THC in cannabis) but this was found to be a load of crap with further studies.

Go on wiki and search thujone. Tests on mice show that it causes muscle spams but only in insanely high doses. Tests on 1906 absinthe showed something in the region of 9mg/kg of thujone...

Most likely its an urban myth that it causes hallucinations.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by nick dixon
Maybe that would explain those guys fromdragonforce who just seem to stand around and drink beer all the time?