hi, just wondering if anyone could help me please, im really thinking about getting an orange tiny terror head and have been thinking of it for a while, just thought i would ask advice on it and also does anyone think that it could give me a good metal tone as some people have said it is quite versatile but others say orange are not that good for metal
thanks
I dunno mate, but i read somewhere that slipknot and stone sour use orange heads and cabs so i'd guess they have a good metal tone
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Stevo you're going to get flamed for that, i can tell, everyone around here hates slipknot, and it's only Jim Root who's changed to Orange Mick's still using his Revira's I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, I hear Orange are really good, but IMO its a bit expensive for a small 15 watt head, for the same price you can get a Peavey valve king 50 watt, a leney 30 watt and you'd be on your way to affording a Laney 50 watt head and a Marshal DSL401 (40 watts i think) (and yes I was talking about tube amps all through that.)
ok lol before i get flamed... Sorry guys, false info
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Actually before I get flamed for knowing about slipknots gear (yes i am/was a fan) I'm a bigger fan of Megadeth, Steve Vai, Joe Satch, Slayer, Dream theater. . etc >_>
Tiny Terrors not really suited to metal. Amazing for classic and hard rock.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Tiny Terror is NOT overpriced. 15 watts you can not find a better Hard/Classic rock amp. The name completely describes it. And its a Orange. It is a amazing amp, and run through a Orange Cab it sounds AMAZING!
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
Quote by VRGNR08
Tiny Terror is NOT overpriced. 15 watts you can not find a better Hard/Classic rock amp. The name completely describes it. And its a Orange. It is a amazing amp, and run through a Orange Cab it sounds AMAZING!

Absolutely. Fender and Crate sell $400 15W amps, Ampeg sells a $500 one. To get an Orange in that price range is great. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but the fact that it's switchable to 7W is really handy. F-it, I'm gonna order one!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
They have amazing tone, and ignore the person up top who said about getting other amps that are 40watt tube....they arent as good IMO tone-wise compared to the Tiny terror *nods*
Tried one and there nowhee near Metal without a pedal like a tubescraemer but even then I'd say it was pretty poor for heavy stuff
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Anyway, I hear Orange are really good, but IMO its a bit expensive for a small 15 watt head, for the same price you can get a Peavey valve king 50 watt, a leney 30 watt and you'd be on your way to affording a Laney 50 watt head and a Marshal DSL401 (40 watts i think) (and yes I was talking about tube amps all through that.)
Just because they are loder doesnt make them better, theirs a reason its expensive for the 15 watts, because its good! And its not exspensive! Your paying for what you get!
It's not a metal amp.

It's perfect for classic rock and a tiny bit heavier though, amazing amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
It's not overpriced at all...I say it's underprice...

...what a great little amp.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Well:

a) The Orange TT is Class A
b) Rated 15 watts clean
c) Sounds better than everything else mentioned
Does anyone know whether it is true or not that the tiny terror is more like 30w when its in overdrive?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Stevo you're going to get flamed for that, i can tell, everyone around here hates slipknot, and it's only Jim Root who's changed to Orange Mick's still using his Revira's I'm pretty sure.

but the valve king is nowhere near the quality of the oranges.
Valve king's tone, to me, sounds...I suppose thin would be the right word?
Quote by wonder725
Does anyone know whether it is true or not that the tiny terror is more like 30w when its in overdrive?

Somewhat, yeah. Some people say it doesn't really matter because you can't really notice the differnce...but I tend to disagree.

My rocker 30's distortion is supposed to be around 50 watt tubed and here's an example I noticed...

When I played an F-30 mesa boogie I could crank it up till' half the way until my started crying...

With my orange...I could crank it up to 3 before I started crying...

Just me? I don't know, but I'm just saying what I experienced. Probably wrong though! But still, it's true that orange only measures the wattage by the clean channel only.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by wonder725

Every tube amp is louder than it's given rating when driven to power tube distortion.
I wouldn't say as loud as a 30w, just because volume differences between most wattages of tube amps are imperceptible. To most, a 30w will sound just as loud as a 50w.
I sign on to make a thread w/ the exact same title and then i see this. Thanks now i dont have to make a thread about it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
thanks for the help so far,
i was thinking of maybe getting the rockerverb 30 head instead of the tiny terror but i like the 7 watt switching so can get full tone at a lower volume like when playing in my bedroom
would the rockerverb give good tone at lower volume like when playing in my bedroom?
at the moment i have a peavey bandit 112, not able to find a store with an orange tiny terror or rockerverb so cant really compare im hoping they will offer better tone but unsure, what you think about them compared to the peavey as i cant compare, thanks
Last edited by ibnzchris at Feb 21, 2007,