Right need some help, I am just starting to get back into playing guitar again as I lost all motivation in teaching myself as I was getting no further but I have a tutor now and I feel I am making steady improvements. Any thats not the point just bought an electric guitar last week just a starter one a behringer USB one but I am looking to get an effects pedal for it, I am have a price range of £60 as I am just really a beginner I dont want to be going out spending a fortune just now. Can anyone recommend some pedals for that price range?

Cheers in advance
do you have decent, switchable distortion on your amp? you might want to get a distortion pedal first.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
holy crap....dont buy an mg bud....please...anything but that....how bout a roland cube?....or a pignose?.....or hell how bout a behringer??
Quote by Terry Wayne
holy crap....dont buy an mg bud....please...anything but that....how bout a roland cube?....or a pignose?.....or hell how bout a behringer??

Behinger? You at it again...stay away from shit
BC Rich Mocking bird
Ibanez Artcore
Epiphone LP JR customized
80's Vantage
Takamine 12 String
Ibanez Bass
Washburn Bass
Marshall JCM900
Marshall 1960a 4x12 with 75's
Acoustic 150
Line 6 POD
Boss OC-2
Heil Talk box
Quote by (()()lY
www.musiciansfriend.com (look for drive amps)

What is a drive amp and I cant find anything on that site that says drive amp?

"QuoteTerry Wayne holy crap....dont buy an mg bud....please...anything but that....how bout a roland cube?....or a pignose?.....or hell how bout a behringer?? Quote"

Whats wrong with a marshall? I thought Marshalls were good amps. Remember I am a beginner and I am only playing at home not using it for gigs and have a limited budget. Point me in the direction of decent amp for the price range of £85.
I am thinking of one line 6 tonecore range. Any got one of these or heard of anyone with one of these pedals?
Don't get an MG, I got a MG15 CDR now I have a Roland Cube 60 and the difference is amazing.
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Quote by slowhands1981
What is a drive amp and I cant find anything on that site that says drive amp?

"QuoteTerry Wayne holy crap....dont buy an mg bud....please...anything but that....how bout a roland cube?....or a pignose?.....or hell how bout a behringer?? Quote"

Whats wrong with a marshall? I thought Marshalls were good amps. Remember I am a beginner and I am only playing at home not using it for gigs and have a limited budget. Point me in the direction of decent amp for the price range of £85.

Marshall makes some of the best high end amps on the market. The lower end amps such as the MG series are cheap amps that cost more because the Marshall name tricks uninformed consumers into paying more for an inferior product due to brand recognition. You can get a much better sound out of the Vox Valvetronix series or Roland Cube series of amps. I don't know how many US Dollars a British Pound converts to these days so I can't recommend one that fits within your budget.

As for an effect pedal, I would suggest buying a nice overdrive pedal like the ts-808 Ibanez Tubescreamer. It will give you smooth overdrive. Professional musicians like Stevie Ray Vaughan have used this pedal, so you know it's pretty good
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Quote by auranos
Professional musicians like Stevie Ray Vaughan have used this pedal, so you know it's pretty good

Just because SRV used it does not mean that you'll sound like him.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Cheers for the help with the amp guys. Lookslike I will be going with the roland cube fits my needs and is also £15 cheaper and also better than the one I was intending to go for.

Still unsure about the pedal, the ibanez one is a bit out of the price range. I can only go up to about £60 for one. Will ask for advice in my guitar store soundcontrol usually pretty helpful and arent bumping bastards.
Quote by subliminaldelta
Just because SRV used it does not mean that you'll sound like him.

He didn't say he would. He merely stated that it's used (well...was) by pros.