what do people think of the vox ac15, i use a fender 60th stand strat, and would it be loud enough for gigs. i mainly play blues and classic rock
It would be loud enough for gigs. And its a great amp for the music you play.
Sent from my iPad.
its a fabulous amp i had one for a while and i loved it, infact i had two, just be warned the fuses in the plugs are a bit dodgy so change it for a new one straight away and keep some spares handy, they sound sweet and look pretty cool as well. defently worth it
great amp, depends on the gig but it would usually do
Quote by yawn
Wikipedia articles are my inspiration.

www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Custom Strat
Roland Cube 30 (soon upgrading to Peavy Valveking 112)
Danelectro FAB Metal
Marshall VT-1

RIP Chris Benoit
just got one.communed with it the other night.......god what a punchy sound...couldnt believe the clarity and dynimic response.......using it to A/B with my73'SLP.
Play it.
They're great amps by the way.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
You're kidding right?

It murders it. Honestly, there's no comparison.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by RoCK GuiTaReST
how would it compare to a Fender FM212?

AC15 > dirt > FM212
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by RoCK GuiTaReST
ok thats what i thought i suppose the only thing the 212r is better at is volume

Nope. The AC15 will be louder than the 212r. Not only that, but it can sound much better too.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
Nope. The AC15 will be louder than the 212r. Not only that, but it can sound much better too.

so 15watts of tube is louder than 100 watts of SS? cos ive tried a 212r and that could go really loud
^Tube amps can go louder.

The vox ac amps are amazing.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
i knew that tube amps can go louder just not that much louder. so i guess it would be suitable for giging then?
Quote by RoCK GuiTaReST
i knew that tube amps can go louder just not that much louder. so i guess it would be suitable for giging then?

Have you ever heard a tube amp cranked? I dare you to compare a 30 watt solid state amp with a 30 watt tube amp...BIG difference.

And yeah, they are suited for gigging and band practicing purposes.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
yer ive tried tube amps just not cranked i tried a fender hot rod deville recently. i know theres a big difference just not 15watts of tube was = to like 100watts of SS. i thought it was more like 15watt tube = 40-50 watts SS
^Yeah.

Btw, the 212 will sound horrible at higher volumes, the fender will sound only better.

Your choice .

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Did I say fender? I meant vox, sorry.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by RoCK GuiTaReST
i know theres a big difference just not 15watts of tube was = to like 100watts of SS. i thought it was more like 15watt tube = 40-50 watts SS

You're correct.

An AC15CC will not get as loud as the Fender FM212. Not only is the Fender 100W, but it's pushing 2-12's. It would drown the Vox out head to head. It would probably be louder at half volume, which is still decent tone territory for a decent SS amp. The Vox's tone will still be much nicer, though, and if you can mic your amp for gigs, that's the way I'd go.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The AC15 is plenty load enough for gigs especially if it's miced. I have an AC30 and a hardly ever turn it up over 50% live. Plus the AC15 is smaller which IS a big factor if you are gigging. Plus, as already said, the tone of a AC15 will be much nicer than a SS Fender ESPEACIALLY for blues.
Ibanez Talman (w/ P-90s) & Fender Jaguar (w/Phat Cats)>Tu-2>RAT2>GE7>Phase 90>Volume>RE-20 Space Echo>Behringer A/B box>Vox AC30 CCH>Marshall 1960 cab

http://profile.myspace.com/secondtempo
Quote by JayJayE
The AC15 is plenty load enough for gigs especially if it's miced. I have an AC30 and a hardly ever turn it up over 50% live. Plus the AC15 is smaller which IS a big factor if you are gigging. Plus, as already said, the tone of a AC15 will be much nicer than a SS Fender ESPEACIALLY for blues.

Yes but does the ac15 give you plenty of head room on the cleans to go over a rock band in a live unmiced setting?
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p