basically i own a fender strat american and i played a gig last night and it fell to the floor from the strap. when i come to pick it up i find to my horror that there a consistent straight crack down the back of the neck down the spine which starts at about the 3rd fret and goes down to about the 12th. it looks like its not much almost like someone has got a kitchen knife and lightly scratched down it but i am pretty upset about this as i care for my guitar more than i do for most people. does anyone know of anything that i can do to try and fix this or somewhere i could go to get it fixed?
Do you have any pictures of the crack? If it starts causing problems, you could get a replacement neck from ebay or something, I guess.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
wear straplocks next time
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
i would get a very fine sanding paper and lighty sand the neck and mabey get some wood polish to put on it,
Quote by rage6945
wear straplocks next time

Yeah, I don't get why people don't. It costs £8 or so and saves your £700 axe.

Your Strat should be fine if the crack ain't too big, just probably wouldn't gig with it again. However, the beauty of Strats is that the neck is replacable. It's not like damaging a Gibson neck, it's not the end of the road for the guitar.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
1) get a new neck off ebay
2) get some straplocks
3) be more careful.

sorted...
Project guitar has some tutorials on sorting neck cracks, search around for them. And buyy straplocks.