I got a Gibson SG Standard for my birthday but its not really for me. The neck is to wide and I'm just not feeling it. So I'm thinking about trading it in. I play mostly blues and fusion. So I'm think of trading it in for a Fender Strat. I was hoping for the Eric Clapton Strat the one that''s like $1400 U.S, Dollars. But I doubt that I can trade it for that, so maybe just a Strat that's of good quality. What do you guys think?
It's not too unfair to trade for an American Strat, but you are trading for a guitar that costs less money. However, if you're trading for something which inspires you more and you can play easier, then money is irrelevant.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
id get one of the classic 50s strats...theyre really good quality and ive got one and its my #1 guitar right now..good solid pickups and a sweet looking tinted neck.
Yea I was thinking the same thing about the money being irrelevant. But thing is GuitarCenter and/or SamAsh don't give you the full price they give you like 2/3 of it.
Personally, id sell it priavtely youll get more money for it and then you have money to buy a guitar with or you could put more money aside for the guitar you really want?
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Yea I was also think to just wait a while because I work during the summer and I can save up and get a Strat then. Because I mean this is a Gibson SG, so I don't know. I'll try out some more guitars to see if maybe I'll find, "The One".
Can't you just take it back to get the full payment refunded.
The Stuff!
Quote by thyme
Can't you just take it back to get the full payment refunded.

I concur.
If you can save for the Strat seperately, that'd be a great solution because you'd have a great humbucking guitar and a great single coil guitar.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay