i just got like a month or 2 ago a B.C. Rich Warlock for christmas i was wondering what yall think of it, tell me if you like them or not
christmas was month and a half ago not 1 or 2 months ago.
sorry
needed to be said.
depends on what kind of warlock... the bronze series is ok for beginers, but will be outgrown quickly. I have a Platinum series and it's still great, although i did upgrade the pickups. But as far as BC Rich goes... they get a bad rap for their bronze series, but the rest are really nice guitars.
Quote by brodo
christmas was month and a half ago not 1 or 2 months ago.
sorry
needed to be said.

Kill yourself. Really.

Anyway, on topic: B C Rich's aren't thought very highly of on these forums, as they're seen as poser guitars. I like the look, but the sound they produce is very sub-par for me.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH

Anyway, on topic: B C Rich's aren't thought very highly of on these forums, as they're seen as poser guitars.

Okay, with all the strat copies, LP copies, ESP copies (LTD) and such on this board, you think a BC Rich is a "poser" guitar? WTF? BC Rich is a long standing company in rock/metal. They produce some of the best customs out there (USA Series). If you looked at every company poorly because of their cheap line, then there would be no guitar worth playing.

NO I am not calling any of those guitars "poser" guitars. Just trying to show that BC Rich is original, love them or hate them.

Thread starter, enjoy your BC Rich. You are playing a nice guitar.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Last edited by myMesa8mybrain at Feb 20, 2007,
Here is a list of current BC Rich users.

Kerry King
Slayer
Tribal V, Tribal Warlock, Signature V

Paolo Gregoletto
Trivium
Mockingbird Bass, Eagle Bass

Matt Armstrong
Murder By Death
Eagle Bass

Sean Kelly
Crash Kelly
Mockingbird

Dirt Von Karloff
Society 1
Zombie

Mick Murphy
My Ruin
Eagle

Jared
Suicide Holiday

Alex
Krisium

Nicki Kin
Vains of Jenna
Exclusive

Lizzy DeVine
Vains of Jenna
Exclusive

JP White
Vains of Jenna
Eagle Bass

Moyses
Krisiun
Kerry King V

JD Cronise
The Sword
Exotic Classic Mockingbird

Steve Smyth
Nevermore
7-String Warlock, 7-String Ignitor

Guy Machais
Suffocation
Warlock

Terrance Hobbs
Suffocation
Warlock

Lita Ford
Lita Ford
Warlock

Dearborn
Deadstar Assembly
Virgin, Mockingbird, SE Dagger

Robert Marcello
Danger Danger
Gunslinger, ASM, ST-3, Mockingbird

Kacey Cubero
Kacey Cubero
Exclusive EM1, Eagle Acoustic

Os
Los Pincheros
Virgin, Virgo, Beast,
ASM, Mockingbird,
Zombie, SE Dagger

Jason Krause
Kid Rock
Jr. V, Eagle Acoustic

Rick Sprague
Usurper
Ironbird

Zac Joe
Cephalic Carnage
NJ Classic Eagle

Alex Danieli
Somniae Status
ST-3, ASM

Randy Mion
Somniae Status
ST-3, ASM

Erik Rutan
Hate Eternal
Ironbird, Mockingbird

Ace Vader
Solo Artist
Mockingbird Evil Edge

Paul LaPlaca
Chris Cafferty Band
Beast, Mockingbird, Zombie

Violent Kor
LoFat
7-String Beast

Chuck Schuldiner
Death
Stealth, Mockingbird

Craig Ross
Lenny Kravitz
Custom Mockingbird

Pat O'Brien
Cannibal Corpse
7-String V, Signature V

Tracii Guns
Brides Of Destruction, LA Guns
Bich, Mockingbird

Phil Campbell
Motorhead
ASM

Eric Griffin
Murderdolls
Mockingbird Bass, Mockingbird Guitar

Acey Slade
Trashlight Vision,
Murderdolls, Amen
Mockingbird

Craig Goldy
Dio
Warlock

Ralph Santolla
Sebastian Bach
Mockingbird

The Dro
Deadstar Assembly
Widow Bass, Beast Bass, Virgo Bass

Mykill Mayhem
Sister Kill Cycle, Devotion
Virgin, Zombie

Raven Chain
Sister Kill Cycle
Mockingbird

SIN
Revolting Cocks
Mockingbird

Carcass Chris
Usurper
Beast

Jon Necromancer
Usurper
Ignitor & Warlock Bass

Paul Crook
Metalloaf
Ignitor & Warlock Bass

Eric Hersemann
Hate Eternal

Stevie Banch
Spyder Baby
Beast Bass

Eric Hersemann
Hate Eternal
Warlock, Virgo

Allen McKenzie
Firehouse
4-string Innovator,
5-string Innovator

Brett Petrusek
Fifty-Seven Stitch
Mockingbird, Bich, Bich 10-string

Jamie Rardin
Fifty-Seven Stitch
Exclusive, Mockingbird, Bich

Christian Black
Chelsea Smiles
Mockingbird, Eagle

Frode Glesnes
Battered, Einherjer
Warlock

Vortex
Dimmu Borgir
Warlock Bass

Allister Thompson
Crash Kelly
Exclusive

Scott Hull
Pig Destroyer
Beast

Tommy Massara
Extrema
Bich American Custom,
KKV 7-string Custom,
Mockingbird 7-string NJ

Christy Kane
Hazard County Girls
Mockingbird

Jon Pauly
A Present Day Nightmare
NJ Classic Eagle

Randy Barrett
A Present Day Nightmare
EM1 and NJ Mockingbird
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
to the guy who posted all the users . . . Why? An not all of them use bc rich's. im pretty sure that meatloaf isn't a guitarist
Quote by CobenBlack
to the guy who posted all the users . . . Why? An not all of them use bc rich's. im pretty sure that meatloaf isn't a guitarist

Paul Crook, the guitarist of Meatloaf uses them. They are set up like this: Artist, Group, Instrument.
Chuck Schuldiner STILL uses B.C. riches? You'd think they had different guitars in the afterlife, but I guess not
" What do I say to an Atheist who sneezes? "Uh, when you die nothing happens"?- Dane Cook
Quote by Graverunner
Chuck Schuldiner STILL uses B.C. riches? You'd think they had different guitars in the afterlife, but I guess not

HAHAHA! You know that he uses BC Rich in the afterlife! He is still listed on their site. Probably for the same reason as Dime and Dean.
I like Bc Riches no matter what anyone says. My next guitar is probably going to be another Bc rich. Just without a shitty floyd rose....erg I really hate those things.

Possibly the only B.C rich fan on UG
IMO BC Rich are really snazzy guitars, not too fond of the platinum ASM I tried in sheffield had a damp feeling neck (probably been cleaned with dodgy polish) but the bronze i played (i didnt play it amp) felt nice surprisingly, I guess its sort of lucky dip with them
Old bronze series are acually very nice... But this new korea stuff...bleh...

Possibly the only B.C rich fan on UG
why do you want ot know what everyone else thinks of your guitar when its yours and if you like it its your opinion?
i got a mick thompson signature series warlock. Bc Rich is like royalty compared to an esp lol i dont know anyone can say that they are a poser company. the bronze series is an allright guitar ive heard soem people give it good reviews and some bad ive played 2 of them and both worked excelent.
Breakin shit since 87
Quote by KJKINFLAMES
i got a mick thompson signature series warlock. Bc Rich is like royalty compared to an esp lol i dont know anyone can say that they are a poser company. the bronze series is an allright guitar ive heard soem people give it good reviews and some bad ive played 2 of them and both worked excelent.

well we know not to take you seriously....
I have A Mick Sig. And its DEFINETLY NOT ROYALTY TO AN ESP. I also have a SE Bich, And an 80's N.J. warlock. IMO, the 80's guitars were definetly the best. They sort of have an old fender feel to them.B.C. Rich does make nice guitars but only the higher series.
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Peavey Valveking halfstack
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
i got guitar hero 3, but without the controller.......my moms IQ is below 60.
Bronze series isn't all that good but it works....My next guitar will most likely be another B.C. Rich
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
B.C.Rich(like all companies) have some great guitars and some crap ones.

They aren't actually that bad in the lower range, i think its just due to the quality of the bronze series that they got that rep. The high end of course are really awesome.

I myself have a B.C..Rich afterburner SE warlock which is great. THe neck is thin and smooth and the guitar itself sounds great(though I will change the pickups soon). And its got great sustain and the tuning is rock solid.
On the other hand, i was playing the warlock with white tribals on the front and i thought that was pretty shit. The neck was a little too rough and it was just too light.

But overall I think B.C.Rich are nice. the store i bought mine from had some nice ibanez, fender etc... but the fenders didnt have the number of frets i needed and the ibanez just felt too light. But in the end, the B.C.Rich held its own.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I hate the whole metal shaped thing they go for. the mockingbird = alright. thats about it
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
You know, if they were to elimintate the Bronze series and make the Platinums their lowest models (and price them approproately), that would fix BC Rich right up. In terms of starter guitars, the Platinum are excellent guitars. They're just horrible intermediate-level guitars, and that's what they're pegged as being.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by IndieMetalhead
I hate the whole metal shaped thing they go for. the mockingbird = alright. thats about it

yeah, but then its personal taste. its like the V's and the explorers did so badly when they came out and now look how popular they are
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
The shape is a turnoff for many people. I love the BC Rich Bich, Warlock, and V. I'm lukewarm on the Mockingbird. And I pretty much hate the rest of their shapes. It's just the way it is with oddly shaped guitars. Not everyone likes them. Some people absoutely despise my Lado because of its odd shape. I love it (partly) because of it since it's so unique, even though it's an Explorer-esque guitar.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
The shape is a turnoff for many people. I love the BC Rich Bich, Warlock, and V. I'm lukewarm on the Mockingbird. And I pretty much hate the rest of their shapes. It's just the way it is with oddly shaped guitars. Not everyone likes them. Some people absoutely despise my Lado because of its odd shape. I love it (partly) because of it since it's so unique, even though it's an Explorer-esque guitar.

Yeah, I guess shape is a subjective thing. Some people love a shape and other people hate it. Sorta like marmite
Like for example, my girlfriend hates my warlock, says it doesnt suit me, whereas on stage it makes such an awesome presence that it more than negates her opinion(I'll be killed if she ever reads this )

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
The reason people look down on BC riches here is because the vast majority of people that own them here have bronze series ones, which is fine, they are ok beginner guitars, but the reason most people buy them is for the way they look.

Hence, the people that buy guitars for the way they look only, are posers.

hamish
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
most of the new riches have OFR'S and rockfelds's
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by hamish5178
The reason people look down on BC riches here is because the vast majority of people that own them here have bronze series ones, which is fine, they are ok beginner guitars, but the reason most people buy them is for the way they look.

Hence, the people that buy guitars for the way they look only, are posers.

hamish

well said

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I have a kerry king warlock, one of the nicest guitars i've played. The neck is perfect size, not too thick, not too thin.\

B. C. Rich has some nice models this year, look less metal, and almost normal
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Ihave a bronze II, i have changed the saddles because the stock ones ate my strings too often. The series II pick ups are much better quality than the original however the general build quality is poor if the lead input isn't loose it soon will be as will the volume and tone controls, couple that with the sheer weight of the agathis body and it should lead you to the conclusion it is a bad guitar,but its not ,i have a spanner,a 4" wide strap and a £100 guitar that looks good and sounds great on the bridge pick-up
I just love B.C. Rich i have 2 of them and I never played a guitar like that for that money.
I have a virgin N.J. and a Mockingbird N.T.
And they look good so **** it if you say : it is a posers guitar.
I don't say it is the best guitars there is but its just one of a kind.
Ow yeah, and the warlock is a nice guitar but to populair in my opinion, but never the last it is a B.C. Rich ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin N.J.
B.C. Rich Warlock N.J.
B.C. Rich Beast I.T.
Epiphone Goth Explorer
Stagg HK-300 (my first electric guitar)
Stagg Semi Acoustic
2 Spanish Guitars
Boss MT-2
Boss ME-50
Marshall 15 watt amp