call me stupid if you have too, but can you play sharps and flats on an irish penny whistle/tin whistle?
Since it's an analogue instrument you can play any frequency you like surely? So yes..
Yes, you can. i believe it is done by half covering the holes with your fingers. good luck
however i should point out, as im sure you know, that pennywhistles are diatonic (not designed to play sharps and flats) and as most folk music is also diatonic, this isn't usually a problem, allthough, happily, it is possible to play sharps and flats.
You can, but it's kind of hard to do, since you have to half cover the holes, and if you do it wrong, it just sounds like crap.
well how would i go about playing a # or b?

EDIT: oops didnt see the post above this one...thanks!
is this the same thing as an irish whistle? or a tin whistle?

i have one of those in D... not very good at it yet.. just been dickin around with it. taught myself "twinkle twinkle" "mary had a lil lamb" and "happy b-day"

hahahaha my g-ma bought it for me ans wants me to play "danny boy" at her 50th wedding reunion in front of the whole family.. i told her id rather play guitar or piano or harmonica or banjo.. but this lil flute thing?!?! i dont even know how to play it!
Quote by hippie_cune
is this the same thing as an irish whistle? or a tin whistle?

i have one of those in D... not very good at it yet.. just been dickin around with it. taught myself "twinkle twinkle" "mary had a lil lamb" and "happy b-day"

hahahaha my g-ma bought it for me ans wants me to play "danny boy" at her 50th wedding reunion in front of the whole family.. i told her id rather play guitar or piano or harmonica or banjo.. but this lil flute thing?!?! i dont even know how to play it!

ya its the same thing as a tin whistle or irish whistle, hahaha, you should at least attempt it for your grandma
haha.. i have been.

its just... its such a lame instrument!

id rather jam over danny boy with a harmonica.. that would be cool