Hey,

Is that possible? I mean, it'd just be a tone higher, but the intervals are the same, right? I'm just too lazy to tune down, but I wanna play some Drop C songs. Thanks!
for rent
To lazy to drop tune, but not lazy to learn a song? People use Drop C so they can get a deeper/low tone.
Quote by Gakusey
Hey,

Is that possible? I mean, it'd just be a tone higher, but the intervals are the same, right? I'm just too lazy to tune down, but I wanna play some Drop C songs. Thanks!

Correct but it will sound wrong with a backing track/to the song or other people tuned for the song. Also, it won't sound as 'metal' if you will (in the sense of booming low notes).
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Yes you can, I always do it because I don't want to have to setup my guitar guitar with new strings and such just to play a couple of metal songs.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i usually play any atreyu, killswitch etc in drop d instead of in c
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
1) I'm not LAZY as in just don't wanna do something. I am lazy because de-tuning my guitar to Drop C ain't exactly right: strings too thin and there'll be no tension.

If I could, of course I would have tuned down to Drop C.

2) I'm trying to PLAY (not learn...) KSE, BFMV (the riffs are good! The rest is shit), Rammstein, CoB etc.

Thanks for the help!
for rent
For CoB its going to sound icky in D, ive tried it on my Drop D guitar. For BFMV, it sounds a little off, but passes. If your going to be playing alot of drop tunings just buy some 11 ga strings.
Yup, gonna buy some 11 strings for sure! Thanks! Just started getting into heavy shit a couple of months ago, so not very experienced in this area, though of course I can play most of the riffs, they are easy.
for rent
Quote by Gakusey

I'm trying to PLAY (not learn...) KSE, BFMV (the riffs are good! The rest is shit), Rammstein, CoB etc.

I hate people like you. You like Bullet. So do I. Why do you care what others think of your music taste. Putting "riffs are good, the rest is shit" isnt fooling anyone. Youve just jumped one the bandwagon of people that say they hate Bullet. youre doing that to not get flammed because you like B4MV. I hate pricks like you.

But anyhow, yes its the same. But i always find that i can do harmonics better in c than i can in d. whether thats just me or not...i dunno....
Quote by Gakusey
Yup, gonna buy some 11 strings for sure! Thanks! Just started getting into heavy shit a couple of months ago, so not very experienced in this area, though of course I can play most of the riffs, they are easy.

Don't confuse those bands with anything close to heavy.

And yes, those band's material is easy.
unless u felt like goin thoru n changing the notes to a higher key then learning the song in that key i wouldn't bother with it.. if u dont do that the songs r just gunna sound off
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Don't confuse those bands with anything close to heavy.

And yes, those band's material is easy.

you think Children Of Bodom is easy to play?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by Pikka Bird
Kuwait Stock Exchange?

Kevin's Solid Engorgement?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Actually I was referring to the other bands he listed. I like COB.

thought so like, although killswitch are trying to progress in their playing, alot of its more technical than the previous albums on "daylight"
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by tommyt
you think Children Of Bodom is easy to play?

actually most of it is, aside from solos, wich themselves arent too difficult either... maybe you just suck?
Quote by HxCori<3
actually most of it is, aside from solos, wich themselves arent too difficult either... maybe you just suck?

big talk from a 16 year old emo girl. Children of bodom do have some pretty technical shit. and i would definitely say they arent easy.
Quote by HxCori<3

quick, lets all wave at the little uppity emo girl!

joins in waving

actually, i think shes on my myspace .....
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by toddpens8771
I hate people like you. You like Bullet. So do I. Why do you care what others think of your music taste. Putting "riffs are good, the rest is shit" isnt fooling anyone. Youve just jumped one the bandwagon of people that say they hate Bullet. youre doing that to not get flammed because you like B4MV. I hate pricks like you.

But anyhow, yes its the same. But i always find that i can do harmonics better in c than i can in d. whether thats just me or not...i dunno....

I hate pricks like you, y'know, the ones that like Bullet
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
Quote by HxCori<3

I don't know what era you're talking about, but I'd like to see you pull off all of Something Wild's rhythm parts.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by toddpens8771

Hey, hey, hey, hold on there! I appreciate your words, I really do, but dude, get this:

I really do only like their riffs and some solos, well, basically, their music. That's it. I ain't saying anything just to avoid being flamed, because nowdays you can get flamed for anything. I like some of Bullet's MUSIC, but that's it, unfortunately. I've tried to listen to The Poison as much as possible, but I can't get over his singing and his lyrics and the general whine-niness. So no, I do not like Bullet, I simply like some of their music. Cause, you know, they have Metallica as their influence so they couldn't have gone wrong with the music. And their live DVD thing was kinda fun I mean, a decent band, but it's just not special enough for me...

Anyways, I really like the way you defend a band you like. I really do, man, so no hard feelings. But you've mistaken me for someone else If I like a band, I just say it. If I like SOMETHING the band does, but not everything, I say it.

Besides, look where I'm from. If we had a band like BFMV, I'd build a monument for them (for the band, not for BFMV). I can't believe how shitty our heavy-music scene is. It's either the band is very talented but VERY unknown, or they're plain shit.

---

To the other guy: I know what heavy music is. I was listing just a number of bands that use Drop C tuning. I wasn't saying they are heavy.
for rent
Last edited by Gakusey at Feb 21, 2007,
I usually play all songs in standard. If it's a drop song I'll play two steps higher instead of dropping the E-string.
Where I'm from, there's no law saying that you have to play songs in the same key as the original, but things could be different where you are at.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
for thoes people who hate tuning down for there 2 or 3 songs they know in drop... learn more i have been practicing mudvayne,bodom,slipknot,disturbed,killswitch,system,arch enemy, coal chamber(altho its in B) and jsut bout anything heavy for the last 4 months, yea some of its easy as **** but alot of fun to play with ur buddys and sometimes its nice to drop down and jam for 2 or 3 hours in drop with a drumer with some good foot work

and yea bullet does suck lol, musicaly speaking they are "talented" and can play music but there singer needs to die and get replaced
Breakin shit since 87
Last edited by KJKINFLAMES at Feb 21, 2007,
Nah, Drop D's fine, been playing all of these Drop C songs and it sounds alright. Not heavy enough, but what the hell.
for rent