Page 1 of 3
Ok everyone, im sorry if its been done, bt iv'e not seen it anywhere. I'd like to know who in your opinions changed rock, and how they did it.

The reason is, i'm having a custom guitar made, and on the back of the headstock im having a list of all the greatest guitarists ever on (like the real greatests who changed how people looked at guitars) because then when i pull off a cool solo, i'll look down at it and it'll remind me that i shouldn't be so arrogant because these guys were there first.

I'll start the ball rolling with the obvious

Jimmi Hendrix - Brought hugely powerful riffs and improvisation to the genre and just generally inspired a generation of players

Ps. if you dont like the idea about the list of guitarists, dont bother telling me because i dont care. ive heard it, but i'm set on the idea
Jimmy Page. Guess.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Jimmy Page - Just 'cause
Eddie Van Halen Greatest tapper of all time. And he did some weird ass effects with his guitar like making it talk without a sound box and stuff. I know Vai did it as well.
Eric Clapton - Dunno, never really like his stuff,m besides Layla.
Steve Vai - never listened to him
Stevie Ray Vaugn (sp?) - ....
Ygnwie Malmsteen - dont like him but someone else will give you a good reason
John Petrucci - Fastest player ever, whether thats a fact or not i dunno, but hes damn good.
Quote by pervy_the_clown
jesus

Sorry to break this to you, but Jesus didn't play guitar. His dad wouldn't let him lol.

Chuck Berry.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Chuck Berry - He really kicked rock guitar up a notch in his day. Without him, who knows where guitar would be today?

EVH - Do you really need a reason why?

I will post more when I actually wake up.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
steve vai?whether you like him or not he has done some great stuff with guitar and "universal sounds".i guess jesus
Quote by toddpens8771
Jimmy Page - Just 'cause
Eddie Van Halen Greatest tapper of all time. And he did some weird ass effects with his guitar like making it talk without a sound box and stuff. I know Vai did it as well.
Eric Clapton - Dunno, never really like his stuff,m besides Layla.
Steve Vai - never listened to him
Stevie Ray Vaugn (sp?) - ....
Ygnwie Malmsteen - dont like him but someone else will give you a good reason
John Petrucci - Fastest player ever, whether thats a fact or not i dunno, but hes damn good.

lol, i agree with the clapton thing, to say he's so highly rated in guitar crowds, and im among the people who accept him as a great, i dont like ne song of claptons except layla
Billie Joe Armstrong - reinvented the word 'simple'.

Mick Thompson - Hez soo METALLLL LOLARZ OMGGZZARZ!!!1!!!ONE!!!!WON!!!!!UNO!!!!!!
Last edited by toddpens8771 at Feb 20, 2007,
how about:
BB King - Inspired many of the greats already mentioned.
Angus Young - True legend lol
George Harrison - Underated genius.
Slash - dunno lol
loads more tht i cant think of
Tom Billington

My Gear

Epiphone Les paul standard limited edition
Epiphone SG 310
80s Fender Strat
Vox AD30VT
Crybaby Wah
But make sure you look them up before whipping out the magic marker, because I see a lot of spelling errors here. You wouldn't want those on your guitar.
Quote by Pikka Bird
But make sure you look them up before whipping out the magic marker, because I see a lot of spelling errors here. You wouldn't want those on your guitar.

lol, although u technically have a point, i think it'd amuse me on stage to do sumthing like that. although i'd be laughing hysterically, and no-one would have ne idea what about n they'd all leave
Quote by toddpens8771

prepare to be super-flamed.

He re-invented the word "over-rated" in my opinion.

Quote by Blompcube
prepare to be super-flamed.

He re-invented the word "over-rated" in my opinion.

It was a joke. I dont think hes overrated, i dunno anyone that likes him! haha
Quote by toddpens8771
It was a joke. I dont think hes overrated, i dunno anyone that likes him! haha

haha okay. lol. and you just supported my statement, i know nobody likes him but he's still over rated. And gibson do a signature model...

tom morello
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
God i can't believe nobody has posted tom morello

Even though their not back together YET...

Long Live RAGE
Neil Schon from Journey - He would of seemed so much better if it wasn't for the whole living in the shadow of EVH thing.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I was hoping some-one would say brian may because i wanted to but couldn't actually think of what he's brought the the world. Neone got ne suggestios for that?
Adam Jones of tool-polytechnic rhythms and his artistic capabilities
David Gilmour-Very tasteful player
Skynyrd-inspired more southerners to pick up guitar
Tom Morello-Crazy Sounds
And I can't believe I haven't seen Billy Gibbons up here yet. Pretty much cause he rocks.
Duane Allman too. Just genius.
Last edited by me_llamo_juan at Feb 20, 2007,
Chuck Berry- Kind of helped start rock and roll.

George Harrison- You wouldn't have modern rock music without him. He completely changed guitar and rock music.

Jimi- For his innovative-ness.

Stevie Ray Vaughan- Brought blues and guitar led band back in style during the 80s when very few bands focused on guitar.
Unfortunately i'm going to have to bring up this name, don't like anything he does, but i believe that he probably started it all

ELVIS
Slash - Because of his work with GnR back in the 90s
EVH - 2 Handed Tapping, great technique and so and so on...
Jimi Hendrix - Do I even need to explain ?
Angus Young - His work with AC/DC (flame if you want but he did do alot for the genre of Rock, that is undeniable)
<generic outrage> I can't believe no one said Joe Satriani!
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Steve Vai.
He brought back the seven string, He's worked with everyone and their dog (Frank Zappa, Whitesnake, Deep Purple apparently, David Lee Roth, Meatloaf, Joe Satch, John petrucci, Eric Johnson. . nayone else who's played G3 etc) He's a very very very very good player AND song writer, he made the whammy bar into something good, along with Satch.
Quote by toddpens8771

Mick Thompson - Hez soo METALLLL LOLARZ OMGGZZARZ!!!1!!!ONE!!!!WON!!!!!UNO!!!!!!

you seem to be forgetting, that despite his ridiculous appearance, Mick Thomson is a much better guitarist than you, and most other people on this forum, he doesnt belong on the headstock obviously, just making a point.

EDIT: why not just put your favourite guitarists, or the ones who have influenced you the most?
The Great Kat

Because she embodies a life long domination fantesy of mine.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Ralph Macchio?

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I think it's a cool idea - could even have the names all across the front of the guitar.

Let's see...who could you put on it...

Carl Perkins - the man who made Elvis sound good
Tony Iommi - pretty much the inventor of modern heavy music
Angus Young - AC/DC, nuff said
Ritchie Blackmore - along with Randy, introduced classical influences to rock music. Also, Smoke on the Water
Randy Rhoads - not an easy job to follow Tony Iommi as the guy next to Ozzy Osbourne, he made it look easy
Ace Frehley - the man who took the term "fretboard fireworks" literally
Allen Collins - one word - Freebird
Paul Kossoff - died way too young, would have been a legend
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Page 1 of 3