Yes so, for some odd reason, my guitar when I play around the 12th fret on the higher strings(high E-G) the string I hit sounds like a constant "wahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah" if you follow. In other words, the note's constantly wavering without me wanting it to. I think it might have to do with the neck, in fact, I'm almost sure. I've changed strings and it stops that for about a day, but then it comes back again. Help anyone?
As wonderfully descriptive as "wahwahwah...." is...it's hard to say

But my GUESS would be that it is the fret. However unless you really know what you are doing I would let a guitar store do it...Just bring it in and ask them to look at it...the nice ones will look at it quickly and can tell you what is wrong w/o charging you.
Sounds like resonance. When you pluck a string at the 12 fret, mute it and check if any other strings are vibrating due to its resonance.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
maybe its the amp?
I sometimes get a slight wahwahwah thing on my higher strings... I figure it was the amp but im not sure
Quote by Bazilisck311
Sounds like resonance. When you pluck a string at the 12 fret, mute it and check if any other strings are vibrating due to its resonance.

Yea, other strings ring as well, unfortunately. I don't know why, but they do. How do I get rid of the resonance? The problem is, the note isn't steadily sustained. The note (up to about 12th-13th fret) quivers. Does this resonance have something to do with it? I'm still under the assumption it's the neck or the bridge.
Quote by bloodwire2004
Yea, other strings ring as well, unfortunately. I don't know why, but they do. How do I get rid of the resonance? The problem is, the note isn't steadily sustained. The note (up to about 12th-13th fret) quivers. Does this resonance have something to do with it? I'm still under the assumption it's the neck or the bridge.

All objects (including strings) have a resonance freqency, or a frequency which will cause it to vibrate independently. When you pluck a string at a certain fret, its frequency might be that of an open string's resonance frequency and thus, the other string will begin to vibrate near that frequency regardless of whether you plucked it. The warble you hear is because both played notes are not the exact same frequency - the more warble you hear, the greater the difference in frequency. This "warble" is used by many to tune their guitars.

To prevent this feedback, you might mute the unplayed strings with your palm or first finger. This is generally not a problem with accoustic or clean electric because the amplitude of the resonating string is so low.

Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer