Tried to search for this but got hundereds of results so i just resorted to make a thread

Basically i have a SS amp and i know that as a rule we use distortion pedal for SS amp and overdrive for tube amps

But on my amp i have quite a good distortion channel but need more of a boost so do i use an od pedal on the distorted channel or an distortion pedal on the clean channel.
Also how will a distortion pedal sound on the distorted channel

Cheers
A distortion pedal on the clean channel will give you the pedal's sound. A distortion pedal on the distortion channel will sound pretty crazy.

I recommend investing in a TubeScreamer. They're expensive bastards, but they don't colour your tone, so you can boost without changing the natural sound.
the ss/distortion and tube/od rule is fake. both work well with either. if you just need a straight boost, look at the EHX lpb-1. great booster.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by sashki
I recommend investing in a TubeScreamer. They're expensive bastards, but they don't colour your tone, so you can boost without changing the natural sound.

They're $99 max in USA. And he has a solid state. Solid State + TS =
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I suggest that you just get a booster pedal. It won't do anything to your tone, except make it a little louder.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton