I want to get a bass guitar, and up till now I've only played six strings. I was just wondering, if I got a bass guitar, would a Spider II 1x12 75 watt amp be able to work with it. Obviously the tone wouldn't be optimal, but would it sound adequate? Would it be able to play the tonal range of a bass?
if you hooked it up to a proper bass amp yes.
but without that no.
the speaker would blow.
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
I cant believe how many people ask this question. Its quite funny. But yer unless you play at very quiet levels it will damage it.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
if your quiet then you *should* be alright.

but i dont exactly advise it, getting a cheap bass amp until you can get a decent bass amp would be the best bet.
.My Rig.

Ibanez GAX75
Laney LV300T
Behringer UD100 ULTRA DISTORTION [lol]
Dano Octave Metal
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by MAKETHEMSUFFER.
wow wat kind of idiot would plug a bass into a guitar amp

One who can't afford a proper bass amp yet? Provided the volume's not too high it won't cause any (major, anyway) problems.
A Spider II isn't even a good guitar amp, what makes you think it would be good for bass? Unless it has a closed back speaker housing then don't do it.
Quote by MAKETHEMSUFFER.

Lemmy from Motorhead, Jaco Pastorious, etc. etc....
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by MAKETHEMSUFFER.

More people than you'd think. Its not like you can help it, I didn't know every single thing about bass guitar when I first picked one up, nor did anyone else here.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Personally i wouldn't plug anything into a spider II but yeah you could plug your bass into it just don't turn it up.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Really don't do it. I tried a bass through a Spider II once for a laugh (it wasn't my amp) and it sounded terrible beyond what I thought possible.