I was just looking for a ibanez, preferably with double locking trem. And I'm on a 200-400$ budget so I need a cheap guitar but with at least some good quality!
So please come with any suggestions!
Please save yourself a headache and dont buy a low end floyd-like trem. Save up the extra money to get a decent system, If you still want one the only one I can think of under 400 is the rg350, its what ive got, and the trem is fine, but i heard soooo many stories of the low end rgs having terrible trems, maybe i just got lucky. If you want a cheap ibanez without a trem though I would say the rg321mh

EDIT:

Maybe something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-Ibanez-RG550-serial-number-F919449_W0QQitemZ320083381144QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I have heard good things about the RG550's but I dont know how much the price will go up.
Last edited by gsr2k6 at Feb 20, 2007,
Ibanez use edge tremelo systems as opposed to the floyd rose system. This means that on the lower budget range of RG models the tremelo is prone to long extended tunning difficulties and shock movements (wobbles and drops) which bring it out of its tunning entirely. As an owner of a mid range RG manufactured around 5 years ago I have noticed a significant deteriaration in the quality of the product and the guitar in general. The necks also on budget RG's have a pronness to although be thin and fast, not offer an enjoyable playing experience over time. If you have played any prestige models you'll notice the quality of the RG range and that is how they should all be.

Ibanez is by far the most popular brand of guitar amongst students and teens due to many shredders using them however like I have mentioned before, budget range RG's should be stayed well clear of.

As opposed to this try a Schecter guitar, they have far more going for them than the Ibanez Korean Budget range.

My final word in regards to this is to think long and hard before you invest. With most electrics you pay for what you get, people ask why invest in a Les Paul or American Strat.....because you get what you pay for. Ibanez can really shine in quality and playability but only when you are willing to fork out higher prices, also go play some, talk to people who own RGS.

Hope this helps
Lyrics, Wasted Time between solos!!

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG 470
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender Standard Strat
Line 6 Flextone II
Boss GT6
Jim Dunlop Wah
Quote by Lick_Soloist
Ibanez use edge tremelo systems as opposed to the floyd rose system. This means that on the lower budget range of RG models the tremelo is prone to long extended tunning difficulties and shock movements (wobbles and drops) which bring it out of its tunning entirely. As an owner of a mid range RG manufactured around 5 years ago I have noticed a significant deteriaration in the quality of the product and the guitar in general. The necks also on budget RG's have a pronness to although be thin and fast, not offer an enjoyable playing experience over time. If you have played any prestige models you'll notice the quality of the RG range and that is how they should all be.

Ibanez is by far the most popular brand of guitar amongst students and teens due to many shredders using them however like I have mentioned before, budget range RG's should be stayed well clear of.

As opposed to this try a Schecter guitar, they have far more going for them than the Ibanez Korean Budget range.

My final word in regards to this is to think long and hard before you invest. With most electrics you pay for what you get, people ask why invest in a Les Paul or American Strat.....because you get what you pay for. Ibanez can really shine in quality and playability but only when you are willing to fork out higher prices, also go play some, talk to people who own RGS.

Hope this helps

Although I agree with a good deal of what you said, I will also state my experiences in owning several low-mid model Ibanez RG's.

Low-mid range RG's are good guitars.
I have played many ibanez guitars, Prestige and regular models, and to be totally honest, I dont find the Prestige guitars to be worth 2-4 times the price of the non prestige models. If you take the time to audition several guitars and find one with a good neck, you might be surprised at how well an inexpensive Ibanez can play. However, like I said, you may have to try many guitars as the quality control on lower end models is not up to Prestige standards.

The lower end model trems can always be upgraded in the future if the stock trem does not hold up.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2