I'm looking for a cheap, loud amp i can use for practice and later as a cab.
My plan is to buy the orange crush 30w for $200 and later the tiny terror for $500 later. My question is, will this work? How will it sound?
Probably not so hot. It's not like the Crush series is built to the specifications of Orange's higher end products. Their 1x12 cab probably costs more than the OC30.

I really don't have an alternative for you off the top of my head, though. I had a KMD GS45 that I recently sold that would've been great for you. A loud 45W amp now, and a decent 10" Celestion speaker to harvest for later. Thing was 20 yeard old though, don't know if you'll find one of those lying around. If this is your plan, you really need to look at the speakers in that amps you're looking at first. And definitely look used.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yeah i was expecting a speaker upgrade. Nothing fancy, around $60 i'm hoping. After that do you think it would be decent?
If it has a 12 inch speaker, it might work.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah it's really a shame that the crush isn't a 12 inch. But for $200 you get a headphone jack, 2 channels, equalizer, 30 watts, and good tone. It's a great deal even if it is only a 10 inch speaker.
Quote by wonder725
Yeah i was expecting a speaker upgrade. Nothing fancy, around $60 i'm hoping. After that do you think it would be decent?

Honestly... not really. It's not a plan that I would pursue. You could get by like that for a little while, but you'll be dying for a real cab.

The way I would do it is find a decent, affordable, practice amp first. Preferably one with a "speaker out" jack. Buy a cabinet with the TT in mind that I could use as an extension cab for that combo for a while. Then buy the Tiny Terror to put on top of that extension cab.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I guess this is what i'll do. Get the crush, use it for a bit, get the TT, use those two together for a bit and then when i absolutely cannot stand it anymore i'll go for a 2x12 cab. Altogether i'd guess around 2 or 3 years for that plan to form. Any better?
And i had one more question. Is it true that orange rates their amps in the clean and that the tiny terror is more like 30w into overdrive?
Quote by wonder725
Any better?

Sounds like the same plan to me!

It can physically be done, but it'll be a serious waste of the Tiny Terror during that transition phase, and your Crush'll pretty much be out of commission.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by wonder725
And i had one more question. Is it true that orange rates their amps in the clean and that the tiny terror is more like 30w into overdrive?

I've seen the same claim, and I'm skeptical, but I haven't tried the amp out in person yet to know for sure.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well, i gues i'll have to decide for myself which i'll go with. It'll probably depend on my budget at the time. Thanks for the help

Will a 2x12 be enough and Is it true that orange rates their amps in the clean and that the tiny terror is more like 30w into overdrive?
^Not sure about that, but Orange amps tend to be rather loud for the wattage they are.

And why not just save up and buy the TT and a small cab?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
A 2x12 will match up with the TT perfectly. If you can't shell out for for a new Orange cab, try to look for something of quality stocked with V30's. I bought my Mesa cab used, it bugs me everyday to get a Tiny Terror to rest atop it.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Not sure about that, but Orange amps tend to be rather loud for the wattage they are.

And why not just save up and buy the TT and a small cab?

My practice amp just broke. I jam w/ my friends regularly so i need a fairly loud amp soon.
Quote by slatsmania
A 2x12 will match up with the TT perfectly. If you can't shell out for for a new Orange cab, try to look for something of quality stocked with V30's. I bought my Mesa cab used, it bugs me everyday to get a Tiny Terror to rest atop it.

I'm thinking avatar 2x12 in the orange/wheat.