92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Thanks!
Huh, what is avril?

And haha yeah, allright next I'll scream my lungs out..
haha oops, i thought you know avril lavigne,
female rockstar

anyway i think it could be kick ass if you sing
"time of your life" by green day
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Ohh Avril! .. well I'd rather not be compared to her , she's a sell out .... but if you meant female rockstar than I'm flattered

And yeah that's a nice song but I dont think I can fingerpick and sing together, playing only the chords is a bit boring...

Quote by Cizzie
Ohh Avril! .. well I'd rather not be compared to her , she's a sell out .... but if you meant female rockstar than I'm flattered

And yeah that's a nice song but I dont think I can fingerpick and sing together, playing only the chords is a bit boring...

no offense BUT you cant hate avril for being a sell out when ur a metallica fan sorry

however this isnt bad but its already been said put a little more umph in your vocals and itll add a lot to the recording, not bad though
Quote by Scott3229
no offense BUT you cant hate avril for being a sell out when ur a metallica fan sorry

Hehe I know (I prefer Metallica's old albums.. Kill 'till Black). I don't hate Avril for it, but I'm no sell-out and won't ever be one so no comparing

Thanks for the comments guys! I'll try to get well uhm.. get more air, sing louder and get more confident!
Really well done.

The vocals could be improved a little bit....if you were just a little more confident about them haha.

Really, you sound like you're holding back.
Make sure you're warmed up.
And dont be afraid to sing a little when you need to. You sound like you might be straining yourself. Especially at the end during the "Oh's" that last one had great tone.
Try to stay in a better range for yourself.

Not everyone is a soprano....and I'm not sure why you would even want to be. (I prefer alto voices)

But for the most part, just dont be afraid and embarrassed to push your voice out there more!

Overall...I loved it
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Last edited by NaivexLi at Feb 21, 2007,
Thanks alot!
And Slash_no_1, I have just learned to play Time of your life by Green Day (fingerpicked not just chords) and it sure is a pretty song which I'd like to sing with but I can't fingerpick and sing it togehter so maybe I'll record my voice later and mix it.. Just one more day and I'm having a week long holiday so I'll probably do it then!
Much better but be carefull for the high-notes... don't overstress your voice and try to keep enough breath to end the part you're singing... BUT that are things that can be trained!

speak 2 ya
haha thats it!
you sure are screaming ,id have too put the volume down
on my speakers

good job!
and about "time of your life" its a good idea that you sing
in and ill mix it
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
hmm this is pretty good but the vocals are a little pitchy. i think you just need to be more aware of how to change your voice with the chord changes. its like your almost off key but not quite. you have a good voice though its just a little off at times. i actually thought your vocals were a lot more accurate in the first version you posted. they just need to flow a little nicer.

crit mine?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532673
Haha yeah thanks, I actually also think the first video was nicer but people kept saying to sing louder so I thought: 'Oh what the Hell '.
There was nothing wrong with the guitar, just good ol' strumming . The vocals were quite good, but sounded a bit off key sometimes. I also preffered the first one. Sorry, but I'm not a singer, so I can't really tell you how to improve your vocals. Overall though, pretty good. 8/10
Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534127
-Taidgh
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I love guitar playing girls.

I love guitar playing boys.

And thanks guys! Though I don't think I'll be uploading anymore singing vids because I'd like to focus more on my guitar, it was just for fun now let's get back to business.
Quote by slash_no_1
oooo no more vids??

No, no, no, vids for ever!
But I guess you already found that out when I just uploaded my Enter Sandman cover .
First off , a nearly anyone else said .. louder =)

there are a few lesson on singing on here as far as i remember.

http://a2z-singing-tips.com/
if you scroll that page a lil bit down you will find really useful singing tips

http://singsmart.com/freesingingarticles/breathing101.html
breathing is the first thing to learn
the other lessons on this page were also really useful to me

EdiT: Just ignore that tip with the smoking thing =)
Last edited by Inf1n1tY. at Mar 8, 2007,