A few days ago I thought my amp was broken because it wasnt applying any distortion but today when i used a different cable there was no sound going to my tuner. So I plugged it into my pedal that was plugged into my computer(I was going to record a song) and no sound went through. Then I plugged my guitar directly into my computer and that didnt work. when I unplug the cable from my guitar while Im recording it makes a noise so it seems like the problem is the guitar. Please tell me what the problem is and how I can fix it
Have you tried selecting a different pickup configuration via the pickup selector switch?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
The volume and tone knob dont make any difference and neither does the pick up switch. Im not sure what has batteries that you say I should change...
maybe a loose jack socket or loose connection
maybe a dogey cable.
try all your equiptment (amp, guitar and cable) with a friends so you can work out which is dodged
Quote by brodo
maybe a dogey cable.
try all your equiptment (amp, guitar and cable) with a friends so you can work out which is dodged

I know its the guitar because I just tried my other amp and all 5 of my cables
Quote by brodo

If thats what the problem is how would I fix it? I dont know that much about guitars as I should...
If a guitar has active pickups (like some EMGs) then they require a 9v battery. I'm pretty sure that the guitar you have doesn't take them, so you can probably cross that solution out. To be sure, there should be a small plate on the back of you guitar to remove and add a new battery if it takes them.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser w/ EMG 81-85 Humbuckers
Peavey 6505+
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 4x12 Slant Cab w/Vintage 30's
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
Danelectro Fish N' Chips EQ
Quote by ThisFireBurns22
If a guitar has active pickups (like some EMGs) then they require a 9v battery. I'm pretty sure that the guitar you have doesn't take them, so you can probably cross that solution out. To be sure, there should be a small plate on the back of you guitar to remove and add a new battery if it takes them.

OK. I will take that off and see if there is a battery thing
there should be 2, one for you to make adjustments and a second smaller one for the battery
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser w/ EMG 81-85 Humbuckers
Peavey 6505+
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 4x12 Slant Cab w/Vintage 30's
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
Danelectro Fish N' Chips EQ
it could be anything from battery's, volume knobs, to a wire being disconected, or maybe the solder came loose from the volume pot....take open the back compartment and look for any loose wires. You may also wanna unscrew your plug in jack on your guitar if u can, and make sure that the two wires here are still connected. its also...but not likely unless you throw you guitar around...that the wires on your pups arnt connected either... but then swtiching to different pups would make it work
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
When you say you plug your guitar into the computer... please tell me you don't plug it in through a Line In input?

If so - you killed your guitar.
Open up your backplate-the one that has a lot of wires and stuff.See if there's a loose wire or not.That happened to me once too,but it was soon fixed.You sure your guitar has no sound at all or is the sound fuzzy?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Check your jack. Something probably needs to be resoldered.

Quote by Kikuta
When you say you plug your guitar into the computer... please tell me you don't plug it in through a Line In input?

If so - you killed your guitar.

How?

Your guitar just sends, it doesn't receive anything
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Feb 26, 2007,
^like said. ur guitar input might be loose. if uve ever hand tightened it, one of the wires may have snapped off.

look and see if both are still connected. the jack is held on wt 2-4 screws.

also.

no u cant kill ur guitar by plugging it into a computer.
and jumpstart ibanez guitars dont have batteries.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
try smashing it but not seriously, just so the bulk of the guitar survivies and the insides get rattled then maybe it will play.