i bought an ibanez rg350dx with a seymour duncan dimebucker in the neck, a dimarzio fast track 2 in the middle, and a dimarzio evolution in the bridge.

Im not really digging the setup. What would be some good pickups for playing stuff like trivium, metallica, and black label society?
Quote by Le Regiement 06
maybe you should stop playing that crap and you wont have a problem.

maybe you should get a life you stupid noob and maybe when you can afford a decent guitar you can talk you cheap ass
chill man. and its the dimebucker thats killing your sound. pretty much all of those bands use EMGs for recording. but i wouldnt reccomend them seeing as your guitar is basswood. i suggest you get another EVO for the bridge or something...
well see i presume your wanting to play the heavier riffs in those bands, and wit hthe rg you cant really do that
its more for shred

i would say keep the evo in the bridge and fit it out with the evo or evo 2 i nthe neck and the single coil oone in there aswell. which will give you a high response solo guitar

apart from that you'll ahve to buy a mahogony guitar really
thanks
My Gear:

American Fender Strat 60th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Elitist
Mexican Fender Strat
Ibanez RG350DX
Marshall MG250DFX amp

Quote by akm1020
how would u get a tuna in ur ibanez? any fish in any sort of guitar let alone a D tuna sounds bad
Quote by philipisabeast
well see i presume your wanting to play the heavier riffs in those bands, and wit hthe rg you cant really do that
its more for shred

i would say keep the evo in the bridge and fit it out with the evo or evo 2 i nthe neck and the single coil oone in there aswell. which will give you a high response solo guitar

apart from that you'll ahve to buy a mahogony guitar really

good one.

i say maybe EMG's?
Quote by Arlabester

i say maybe EMG's?

noooooo!!!! not EMGs!!! his guitar is basswood! eeevil basswood! damn i hate basswood...
Quote by cheames
noooooo!!!! not EMGs!!! his guitar is basswood! eeevil basswood! damn i hate basswood...

dont diss basswood. i love basswood. my squier is made of basswood and STFU! its a good squier.
Quote by Arlabester
dont diss basswood. i love basswood. my squier is made of basswood and STFU! its a good squier.

it aint no good for metal. and to be fair it is a reasonable squier. EVIL BASSWOOD!
seeing how you are having sound problems that your not really "digging" and a shitty guitar, im guessing your amp isnt that good...

id suggest saving money and buy a good amp, or a good guitar...just my advice...

and calling someone a noob on guitar forums is kinda weird...this isnt world of warcraft
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by cheames

My LP special II is made out of Basswood, and it plays metal great. You sir, have no idea what you are talking about.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by subliminaldelta
My LP special II is made out of Basswood, and it plays metal great. You sir, have no idea what you are talking about.

i have had 3 guitars made out of mahogany, and 2 made out of basswood. mahogany is good for metal, for it gives a warm, thick tone. basswood is not good for metal, the main reason being that it gives no tone at all. go and play a real les paul, and you will see wahat im talking about.
im getting another evo for the neck now that i have decided, but don't know what single coil would work well with two evos
My Gear:

Mexican Fender Strat
Ibanez RG350DX
Marshall MG250DFX amp

Quote by akm1020
how would u get a tuna in ur ibanez? any fish in any sort of guitar let alone a D tuna sounds bad
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
seeing how you are having sound problems that your not really "digging" and a shitty guitar, im guessing your amp isnt that good...

id suggest saving money and buy a good amp, or a good guitar...just my advice...

and calling someone a noob on guitar forums is kinda weird...this isnt world of warcraft

dude are you stupid read my sig, plus you have a cheaper version of my ibanez. i only have it to paint van halen style and have something decent for metal with a locking trem
My Gear:

Mexican Fender Strat
Ibanez RG350DX
Marshall MG250DFX amp

Quote by akm1020
i dont even have that guitar with me. I left it at home when i came to college not enough room...but anyways..

If your just trying to spice up one of your older guitars thats cool, but in your original post it sounded like it was your best guitar...and after hearing the word 'noob' i just figuired your some kid looking for attention.

But nvm, i was wrong about it being your only guitar. If you wanna spice it up go for it. And i support evo's, haha, but if you want a single coil im guessing you want something good with cleans, and let your buckers do the dirty. I have experience with the SCN Samarium's if want something with a bite to it. Or maybe a DiMarzio YJM Guitar Pickup, if you want something clean and bluesy. Also price range and style of music in wut u want a single pup would be a good info
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by cheames
it aint no good for metal. and to be fair it is a reasonable squier. EVIL BASSWOOD!

it play metallica with it.
Quote by cheames
i have had 3 guitars made out of mahogany, and 2 made out of basswood. mahogany is good for metal, for it gives a warm, thick tone. basswood is not good for metal, the main reason being that it gives no tone at all. go and play a real les paul, and you will see wahat im talking about.

what
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
To be honest, I'd say it's your amp that's killing you. The Marshall MG series are not good amplifiers IMO. I think you should save up for a new tube amp or something, sell your MG and boost your funds.
for the single coil i would say a good bluesy tone that can also handle distortion for playing songs like nothing else matters, i like that kirk hammet sound, but im definately keeping my evo in the bridge and getting another one for the neck.
My Gear:

Mexican Fender Strat
Ibanez RG350DX
Marshall MG250DFX amp

Quote by akm1020
Quote by cheames

lolololololol

basswood gives no tone eh? its halfway between maho and alder

and btw

its used on prestige Ibanez'
Quote by Arlabester
lolololololol

basswood gives no tone eh? its halfway between maho and alder

and btw

its used on prestige Ibanez'

In terms of tone, it's rather neutral. The neat thing about using basswood on those Ibanez guitars is that the player can make the most of their pickups. The pickups characteristics really shine in the basswood since the basswood is really neutral.