Poll: what mp3 player should i get?
Poll Options
View poll results: what mp3 player should i get?
ipod......
46 45%
a creative zen
32 31%
sony
8 8%
other
16 16%
Voters: 102.
Page 1 of 2
i was wondering what mp3 player to get, im not a big fan of apple, my last one was a creative zen touch which was good but a little old by now. i want something similiar, 20 gigs, good battery life and sound quality etc. any suggestions?
Ebay has ones called Mercury for about $20, i have 2 and they are great. They hold about 120 songs each.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
I still think the I-POD is great even though many people hate it. Bu tanyway, my friend has a pretty good sony 20 gig thing. Its alright, but I think the I-POD is the best. It is easy to use, and I have had mine for four years and havent had a problem.
why to get an ipod if you can get a 2 gigas cheap no mark 50 bucks mp4 player?
If you are an elitist of quality, ok. But I don't see why to spend THAT much in an IPOD while you can get a 2 gigas mp3/mp4 player for 50 US$ =\
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

i would get an ipod, but i DESPISE how you have to get an apple usb, and i also hate itunes. also it just doesnt look manly enough for me:P
Quote by brokenwizard
wow that's the fist person i've ever heard who had an ipod that didn't break within months!

My iPod lasted two years, it still works, but I upgraded to a bigger one because I filled up the 20 GBs.

When you're looking at iPods and Creatives, the only differences (aside from looks, software, etc.) are that the Creative displays more colors on the screen, and has a radio and voice recorder.

I personally like iTunes and the looks of the iPod as well as its navigation and interface. I can't say the same for the Creative. I used one of my friend's and I hated it.

I would go for the iPod.
you left one thing, the price. with ipods you pay for the brand name
Quote by yam
i was wondering what mp3 player to get, im not a big fan of apple, my last one was a creative zen touch which was good but a little old by now. i want something similiar, 20 gigs, good battery life and sound quality etc. any suggestions?

Hi five! I have one of those! I was too poor to get an iPod still am.
ive got a dell, want a headache? buy a dell.

id go with an ipod to this dell any day of the week, but prefer creative to all of them.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
thanks for all the advice so far...glad im not the only one who hasnt been affected by all the marketing for ipods
I hav a Zen Vision:M which I love. Get that.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I reckon you should go with the Creative Zen, my sister has one and it's really good. She's never had any problems.
I don't know why everyone hates the ipod so much. They are in my experience by far the easiest of all the mp3 players to use. Get an ipod.
I am the Infantry.
the zune is crackalackin' !! :P
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
I was messin with my friends Ipod nano or whatever the hell they call them now, the other day and i was in his pictures and I couldn't get the ****ing thing to stay on one damn picture, I hate ipods, creatives are wayy better.
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
i had a creative zen touch, but are there any like that but newer?
i want 20 gigs at least
I have a sony circle thing. The battery life is outstanding and It refuses to break. But sonic stage is so annoying. I wish I could just drag and drop mp3's into the device instead of converting into some weird format through the program supplied.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
get an iPod, theres nothing wrong with them i dont see what some of the ppl have against them, they are the best selling mp3 player, they're the best trust me, im not a big fan of apple either but i love my iPod
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
zunes seem kinda bulky to me, ipods get outdated too quickly they seriously come out with a new one every 6 months to a year. i think they plan the obsolency. they had the mini, then a 6 gb mini, then a little while a nano, a year later a new nano, and now iphone. they're probably gonna come out a with a new iphone at the end of the year that has like a coffee cooker or something
get another creative
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
As someone else said, with an iPod you mainly pay for the brandname. Go on, make the wise choice..... go for a Creative Zen Vision M...... DO IT NOW.
I have a ZenVisM, and I am honestly very happy with it.
Not having owned an iPod, I can't say which is better.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
I hate iPods.

Overpriced, pieces of crap IMO. Much better players for cheaper out there.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
back when i was buying my first

ipod nano 4 gb - $200
zen microphoto 8gb - $199.99

more for less.

now my zens gone and i got a dell, which sucks anal fluids btw. apparently zens cant take a deadleg worth shit.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
is the zen vision m playsforsure
Quote by your mom
wow.. ggmIdas is so good in bed
Quote by your dad
basically, ggmIdas can pleasure the ladies better than me.. and he could totally kick my ass
zune or sansa sandisk
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
I have a 30G Creative Zen Vision: M. It cost me about.. £150?-something like that, but it was cheaper than the 30G Ipod video... anyway I love it! It's easy to put songs/videos onto. I bought some Senheiser headphones and the sound quality is great. The only thing Ipod has over it is the clicky wheel, as the navigation on the Zen takes a little while to get used to. I think you should go for the Zen.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-ZEN-Vision-Video-Player/dp/B000E3U4JU/sr=8-1/qid=1172098586/ref=pd_ka_1/202-3885392-8499853?ie=UTF8&s=electronics
thanks a lot for the link, atm im decidin between teh sony one or the zen. and thanks a lot to everyone, this is why i love ug, theres very few flamers and trolls and most people are genuinly nice people. i think it must have something to do with playing guitar....
You people are idiots. If you actually looked up the prices, you would see that all three 30 GB mp3 players cost $250.

Best Buy:
iPod
Creative
Zune

Circuit City:
Creative
Zune
iPod
(They're all the same without the sales going on)

You're not paying any more for the Apple name than you are for the Creative name.
Rio Carbon.. my one has lasted me a couple of years without it breaking, it's like invincible
Opeth - Tool - Ephel Duath - Cynic
The Zen is a fairly good unit, my dad has one

the iAudio was good when I got it but thee new video iPod will be better....

still...I suggest the Cowon iAudio ...20GB is more than enough space for my use..
Page 1 of 2