My freshman talent show is coming up in about a month. I am skeptical as if I should play in it or not. As far as I know, there is one, 3 person band playing. They are going to do some shitty green day song or something. I really would like to play Fade to Black but I have a few problems.

1. If I did play, it would only be me and my friend ( if he would do it.)
2. I only have a shitty 10 watt amp, but they could put a microphone to it.
3. Its in a month, and I have a lot of work to do on the solo, but Im sure if I tried hard enough, I could pull it off.

Do you think its worth it?? How good would only two guitarist sound on that song?? Would you do it??
It would sound bad. Especially with the amp.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
if you could borrow an amp from someone, i say go for it
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
^ Agreed to walkinbazooka.

If you want to do something, go acoustic, it'll sound better and besides, dumb people go crazy for bands whether they are good or not, they won;t be hearing you play as much as they will be asking "where's the rest of the band"

To quote another Metallica tune - "Sad but true"
Are you singing it or not? I also thought it would be wicked bad ass if someone played "New Noise" (Refused) In a talent show.
Quote by guitarjunky89
Are you singing it or not? I also thought it would be wicked bad ass if someone played "New Noise" (Refused) In a talent show.

hell no, Im not a singer.

And I am suprised everyone thinks just 2 guitars would sound bad. I play that song with my brother and I think it sounds fine with just 2 guitars. I would like to do it, but I guess it just wont work out.
Quote by buzzcut
hell no, Im not a singer.

And I am suprised everyone thinks just 2 guitars would sound bad. I play that song with my brother and I think it sounds fine with just 2 guitars. I would like to do it, but I guess it just wont work out.

Man, don't let a couple of pessimists on UG make you pass up a chance to preform and have some fun! Keep in mind that not everyone is a guitarist, so depending on how you do the song, it could be boring in parts. As for your amp, I would recommend borrowing one from a friend, or possibly renting one?

If that's not an option, maybe get it all rigged up in the place you're going to be playing a while before the actual date to see what it sounds like mic'd and stuff. Get out there and have some fun
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
If there isn't going to be any singer, then don't bother.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
do it acoustic, i have a feeling it would sound better. If you could pull off the solo an electric acoustic would do nicely, using the distortion for the end of the song. Your friend could play the rest softly with distortion then play rhthym during the solo.
Kind of like nothing else matters on S&M
I have a backing track that could be played while we do the guitar parts . Would that sound good? It has the drums and bass. The only thing that would be missing is a singer, which I dont want.
put the niggars in the trunk and drive off a cliff
When Hunting for Bald Eagle, Don't Forget teh Rubber.
Dude, save yourself future embarrassment and don't do it. Trust me.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by guitarjunky89

That would be awesome. That song pumps me up.

But to stay on topic I say you should rent or borrow an amp. Other than that I say go for it.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Last edited by Quark Soup at Feb 21, 2007,