Page 1 of 2
The cliche's. I've seen:

A ~14 year old with a guitar made out of plastic, shaped like a B.C. Rich, doing tapping licks and Slayer-esque stuff, loudly and obnoxiously.

A ~50 year old man doing his best Van Halen impression through a Marshall stack, drowning everyone else out, shredding obnoxiously

A ~18 year old male, dressed in black, black hair, playing (very pretty) songs entirely done via two-handed tapping.

A ~10 year old, trying desperately to play Iron Man, oblivious to his suckitude.

A ~55 year old man, playing amazing blues

A ~25 year old god of acoustic guitar

A ~45 year old man playing awful blues

A ~16 year old male playing Hammett and Rhoads solos

A ~15 year old male playing Guns 'n Roses

Etc. What types have you noticed seem to frequent GC? It's as if I'm always playing around the same people, only in different clothes, with different faces.... quite annoying actually.
You're forgetting the 17 year old metalhead playing triplet power chords through a super distorted amp turned up to 11.
what about
A~40 somthing black man playing better slap bass than anyone. (other than another 40 somthing black man)

-Axe
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
a (50yr old) fat ass playing bass in the corner. Really checking out the little boys walking in the front door.
Quote by Doppleganger
A ~whatever age male showing off.

ROLF.

I've seen an awful 12 year old but i forgot what he was attempting to play. It was that bad.

Quote by karlh07
You're forgetting the 17 year old metalhead playing triplet power chords through a super distorted amp turned up to 11.

Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
That list is pretty accurate actually
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
you know the worst guitar center cliche? the assholes that work there that think they know anything about guitar. and its never one person, either you get a whole guitar center full of really helpful people, that know what theyre talkin about, or a giant shit hole comparable to the 6th level of hell that know NOTHING about guitars, but they have tattoos and wear really tight jeans and chuck taylors, so theyre qualified
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
Quote by karlh07

That would be me 1 year ago
omg you're a cliché King ofKumbucha
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
a middle aged guy with hair down to his ankles not playing a guitar.

other than that, great list!
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
What about the 18 year old guy playing Hendrix and blues?
Or any kind of classic rocker.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Most of the time my guitar center is pretty normal and most of the employees are pretty cool.

But this one time I saw a kid in all black standard emo/goth look with his girlfriend also in black hanging off of him and this fat salesmen was trying to sell them a line 6 spider stack. There was just heavy feedback and crap noise coming from it.

Meh I really didn't care, just chuckled a bit because everyone on UG keeps talking about stuff like this happening and i've never seen it till now.

Edit: The 50 year old men in the acoustic room.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 20, 2007,
Quote by R_H_C_P
What about the 18 year old guy playing Hendrix and blues?
Or any kind of classic rocker.

Hah, guilty.
What about the 15 year old girl playing Metallica riffs and attempting the solo's ?
What about the 8 year-old Asian kid that blows everyone away? Those little ****ers are amazing!
I always go and play Tool through the Orange or MesaBoogie halfstack with a Gibson Les Paul Studio. I always get approving looks from one of the workers, probably cuz noone else in this town seems to know Tool except the two of us.

I wish I were rich...
The really cool <insert age here> years old man that instead of show off and tell you that you suck, teaches you cool stuff.
Or, in the case that is a girl, also gives you her phone num and ask you to call her so you jam together
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

A little kid who has never played guitar before somehow getting one of the most expensive guitars in the store.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Quote by Cizzie
What about the 15 year old girl playing Metallica riffs and attempting the solo's ?

I bet even a girl could play Metallica...

Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
how about the 2 guitar players on opposite sides of the room having an unofficial duel, or they just keep trying to outplay each other, suckishly
Quote by Shib
A ~18 year old black man running out with a 2.5k les paul

*tsk tsk* generalizing people /sigh

Quote by 812many
A little kid who has never played guitar before somehow getting one of the most expensive guitars in the store.

I've seen this one a few times >.<

How about the 20 something hispanic guy with dreadlocks that works there?
I've been to 3 guitar centers and all 3 had at least one of those, haha.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Quote by NaivexLi

How about the 20 something hispanic guy with dreadlocks that works there?
I've been to 3 guitar centers and all 3 had at least one of those, haha.

Oh wow, my guitar center has one of those as well
Weird UG'ers shitting in the acoustics sound box hole.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

yeah, the young teenage boy in all black with various facial peircings. I choke him out from behind, silently. I drag his unconscious body into the soundproof amp room and hide his body in the back of a 20 year old Marshall cab. I then ask the the quiet older teenager that was playing Megadeth if he could show me Hangar 18 on that Marshall, full volume...
i hate the 13 year old kid in guitar center playing air guitar to a solo on the music playing from the intercom
Go to real hardcore shows.
Quote by khalil1220
how about the 2 guitar players on opposite sides of the room having an unofficial duel, or they just keep trying to outplay each other, suckishly

I see that everytime i'm in there
Well, there aren't any guitar centers here, but I'll wage a guess.

8 kids all playing the intro to stairway to heaven.
lulz
what about the kid always playing the intro to aerials?
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Wow. Good list. Works with my local guitar center.

Now, the question is, which group are we all in?
METALLICA.
Page 1 of 2