Ive been playing for a little over a year now, and I am beginning to wonder if my guitar is too high or too low for comfortable playing. I get cramps in my shoulder when playing standing up, and I am beginning to think it's because my guitar is too high. The guitar is currently at the height of my belt buckle. How high is normal, and comfortable for you to play? I don't want to hang it too low, and look like a poser.
WTLTL 2011
I wear mine higher than that and I don't have problems. I only have problems when it's low.
i always have mine low as it can go or a few inches before its at the lowest. and maby cause youve been playing with your shoulder? i play with my wrist on the guitar so its always easy and nothing hurts in the end. try that bud
it varies with person, personaly i like it so that the horn is just a couple of inches above my belt buckle. it takes time to get used to it though just practise at different heights and see which one is most comfortable.
for me it always depends on the guitar, for the heavier kinds (ie my gibson LP) i usually play them very high, whereas lighter guitaars i go for about waist height
I always wear mine just above my waist, with the guitar tilted so the tip of the headstock is level with my shoulders.

But you're right, it hurts playing after a while.
But you get used to it.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I guess a certain amount of pain is normal after a while, and I'll experiment with a few different heights.

thanks
WTLTL 2011