For x-mas I was given an amazon gift-card, and now I have 21$ left. I decided I'd buy a punk movie/documentery. This is where you guys come in. Which movie should I buy? Right now I'm considering either American Hardcore or The Queers are Here, but I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance to those of you who can help.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Against Me! - We're Never Going Home
Bad Religion - Live at the Palladium
Flogging Molly - Whiskey On A Sunday

All of these are excellent documentary/live footage of great bands.
slc punk is decent
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
its not exactly a documentary, but i recommend you buy 'Repo Man' great film and great music

from what i can remember its got early; circle jerks, bad religion and some black flag

but if not the Bad religion DVD is a must
Quote by MetaPlayer22
its not exactly a documentary, but i recommend you buy 'Repo Man' great film and great music

from what i can remember its got early; circle jerks, bad religion and some black flag

but if not the Bad religion DVD is a must

I hated that ****in movie, good music or not.
American Hardcore was kind of disappointing...but it had great footage of the Bad Brains

I'd go with SLC Punk, I love that movie
o god, i was watching bad brains on on demand today, HR has such an annoying voice, and hardcore dancing is funny...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I don't know if you like street punk, but if you do, you gotta fu<kin get "Pure Punk Rock" DvD. (Mike Virus cries on it)
that dvd had the scarred on it and lcb right? they are both really good, plus mike virus crying...sweet...

punk movie-get suburbia, it was kind of funny, but if you only have twetny one bucks, wait on it...actually rent it if you can, cause it's awful, but you should still watch it some time

documentary wise...maybe end of the century?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

why'd he cry?
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
i saw it a back over the summer, i remember that; and i fell asleep during it. i don't remember, maybe drema does...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

hmm, i searched imdb for "pure punk rock", but nothing came up for it, but i did find this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0431339/ seems interesting.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
nice find...i guess...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

You'll have to do some searching, but try getting The Decline of Western Civilization (the original, from 1980). Interviews and footage of the Germs, Black Flag, X, Circle Jerks, Fear, Catholic Discipline, The Bags, and the best writer from that time, Kickboy Face, discussing the difference between punk and New Wave. Classic.
Quote by texas78621
You'll have to do some searching, but try getting The Decline of Western Civilization (the original, from 1980). Interviews and footage of the Germs, Black Flag, X, Circle Jerks, Fear, Catholic Discipline, The Bags, and the best writer from that time, Kickboy Face, discussing the difference between punk and New Wave. Classic.

Here it is on google video, just really shitty quality. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8898660532243737733&q=decline+of+western+civilization&hl=en
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I think you should hold back and start a petition to Wraith Films to get 'Talk about unity' completed and then buy that. Looked like it was going to be good (there's a trailer on youtube).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I got impatient last night, and ordered American Hardcore. Oh well, I'll be sure to rent buy, some of the others you guys recommended. I'm in the process of downloading SLC Punk at this very moment.
brnh.bandcamp.com
it sucks! don't! don't do it!!! waste of memory on your hardrive!!!!
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by Ska Wars
why'd he cry?

The virus' last show ever with mike in it, the other guy sings right after he cries
Quote by I_Pwn
I got impatient last night, and ordered American Hardcore. Oh well, I'll be sure to rent buy, some of the others you guys recommended. I'm in the process of downloading SLC Punk at this very moment.

dumb movie in my opinion
Punk: Attitude.

One of the best Punk documentaries I've seen. A complete oral history of Punk, where it got it's start, how it evolved. Features interviews/performances with Iggy and the Stooges, The Ramones, The Clash, Black Flag, The Dead Kennedys, Fugazi, Minor Threat, New York Dolls, Television, Henry Rollins, Sonic Youth, and more.

It's tits.
Poor advice.
Speaking of movies, any news on the Germs movie "What We Do Is Secret"?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...