Poll: would you trade guitar skills for vocal skills?
Poll Options
View poll results: would you trade guitar skills for vocal skills?
yes
68 44%
no
87 56%
Voters: 155.
Page 1 of 2
Luckily I have both

Well my vocals aren't exactlly amazing but I have lessons so they'll improve.
Quote by Arthur Curry
You could always just take voice lessons and have the best of both worlds.

Voice lessons are for people with naturally good voices to fine tune their pitch. And yes, i'm not a very good guitarist so I probably would.
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Yeah why not. I'd trade guitar and become a bassist/vocalist.
i used to sing for my band before i ever played a guitar
so it doesnt matter to me anyway XD
Quote by salemboicot
yeah, i'd even make a pact with the devil himself to become the greatest in the world. :stickpoke

Led Zeppelin already beat you to that
no way i could always just get better at guitar and start a death or black metal band. lol
Quote by andy_thomas
That depends, when you look at a map is west left or right?

If you think I care about what you say to me you are sadly mistaken.
Well honestly, I loove guitar, but my dream is to be able to sing and be an awesome front man, but I've taken singing classes, I'm not going to be a singer, so I practice twice as hard to learn to play good guitar
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Quote by Dirge Humani
I play bass...so I'd definitely trade my guitar skills for vocals...though I've been told my voice is not bad.

Loopholes FTW =)

bass is guitar. its just a BASS GUITAR.
Quote by andy_thomas

Yepp. I'd trade away my guitar skills, get awesome singing skills, then just re-learn guitar.

The perfect crime.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by Tedrick
Voice lessons are for people with naturally good voices to fine tune their pitch. And yes, i'm not a very good guitarist so I probably would.

Opposite for me, I could pitch stuff fine seeing as I play guitar and piano (like properly, with musical theory and stuff) I just sounded too plain as opposed to having any real character in my voice. it's really helping me. Huzzah for singing lessons
There're more chances of succeeding as a singer than as a guitarist. But no singing will ever give me as much pleasure as playing guitar does.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by spazzymagee417
quick! giantraven! catch! (throws flame repellent (sp?)) you're gonna need that.

Pfft, no Zeppelin fanboy can beat me down

And bah to the having to give up Bass, it takes mere seconds to relearn that anyway
why are people making grey area

no. I wouldn't trade guitar skills for vocal skills. my life revolves around the guitar solo and pulling it off.

edit: you can't jam with plain vocals either. how is singing more fun than shredding?
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
Id rather lose a leg than a finger, because a leg isn't important to guitaristry!

Singing is good n everything but to be honest, i'd hate the job of singer, they get all the focus, so if everyone thinks the bands rubbish then the singer gets it in the neck ya know. they have a far harder job in my opinion, and i dont envy them for it. fair play to those who do tho
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes, I suck on guitar

So i'd trade that in to be a better singer

same
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
Quote by A_New_Level
same

why not to practice more so you stop sucking at guitar?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I'm not great at guitar, and I love singing and might rather be a vocalist, so yeah I would.
lulz
I would trade my EXISTING skill, and get the gutteral and clean vox of Mikael Åkerfeldt.

Then when I get the vox, I relearn guitar.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Grundy0
I only learn guitar so i can accompany myself singing

fruit. lol jk.
Quote by andy_thomas

Quote by souphead2000
fruit. lol jk.

What?! i dont understand fruit! That's like me going up to you and saying egg or battery

I disagree with the idea that vocal lessons are just for people with really nice voices

I think everyone with the right techniques can find their voice and work with it to sound atleast decent. Everyone has a voice it's just I don't think everyone knows how to use it. Not everyone is going to be a great singer, but just because someone isn't on American Idol doesnt mean they shouldn't take lessons.

and I'de say yeah, play and sing. However I'm most comfortable singing, while playing guitar, I can play guitar without singing, but I don't like singing without playing so go figure
wow, no. I'd rather be playing the music than just singing.
I'm so damn jealous of myself.
I would because it's probably easier to re-learn guitar than to learn to sing. Singing is more of a born with it/not born with it type thing. Although you can lean how to sing.
Nikolas
Quote by Grundy0
What?! i dont understand fruit! That's like me going up to you and saying egg or battery

i ment like your gay but i was jk so what ever
Quote by andy_thomas

Page 1 of 2