i have a question about how much can work this pedal to me

i play a jackson dr7 (seven strings) and my amp is a laney hcmr30(i hate the distortion of this amp :P)

so im thinking to buy this pedal, but i really dont know if ill realley get the sound i want

i mainly play metal and rock things, vai, andy timmons, joe satriani, dream theater, megadeth, van halen, and blah

sorry for my english, it sucks, i actually speak espanish :P
This pedal can get some cool sounds, but can sound cheap and tinny. Most pedals in that price range do sound like that, and I think it would be really hard to get a sound close to any of the guitar players you mentioned, but it should give you a start at a good mmetal sound.
yeah to be honest a lot of people say Boss pedals are basically the bog standard of pedals. They aren't bad at all, they get the job done, but they also aren't that particularly special either.

I own this pedal and yeah as I said it's not bad. There are better out there but it'll probably be able to give you the tones you want.
Quote by no_one
i mainly play metal and rock things, vai, andy timmons, joe satriani, dream theater, megadeth, van halen, and blah

sorry for my english, it sucks, i actually speak espanish :P

Look elsewhere. If anything, the DS-2 could do Megadeth.
which other distortion pedal could work like I want at the same price, or near it?
err there is the metal zone as the way 2 hate said but if u spend that littel more u can get a much better sounding effect. or m8 u could sell ur amp 2 get a better sounding distorion on it hope this can help
Quote by denied
i find that they sound a bit thin...

Its all in in the amp.

I manage to get this very fat and midy (dark) tone out of it with my amp.
Like dave murrays.
Very hard to get the same tone with other amps.

I have this old yamaha bass amp and it has alot of MID eqs.