Page 1 of 2
OK, so it's 11 at night, and you have a test you need to study for. How do you go about getting yourself to stop playing?

I find one of the best ways is to take a shower, it turns my fingers into mush for at least 20 minutes of study. During finals at college, I usually put my guitar in its case under my bed.
ooooo, my head rock on
You don't, who needs tests? xD
I think, therefore I am...an atheist.

Quote by NaNazFynst808
what is pwned??

four.

twenty

oh

six.

ten.
play a rly hard song, that is beyond your level and get rly frustrated. happens most of the time even when i wana play
Quote by Archon473
If it's 11 at night, I'm just getting started. Guitar takes priority over studying any day. Once I stayed up until 4am learning Iron Maiden songs and my mom let me skip school the next day. Ruleage.

that is ridiculous, my mum would force me to run to school if id did that, fortunately i've left school now \o/
showerin always makes me wanna play i dont know why, but hey good luck with that, you could always just, NOT play i dont know, sounds like it makes sense to me
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
Try to tune ur guitar down to b flat. trust me you will get frustrated on how u cant get it in tune
Quote by schecter_elite
Slayer, as in the faggy soda pop training bra band? I beg to differ, but fall out boy pwns slayer big time buddy. They put on a kick-ass show all the time, and their mosh pits are the absolute sh!t.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Chop off your fretting hand fingers. Video & post on YouTube.

i seriously lol'ed.
i always play a really rockin song that i get really into and put my whole self into it. Then when the final note is played you can sigh a breath of releif and then turn the amp off in satisfaction and proudness.
Yes this makes me sound like a complete ponce but it works for me ok!
Get some priorities and realize that there's a very slim chance that you can make a living from playing guitar.

Now if you realize that and still want to play, you probably have the drive to make it as a guitar player, or at the very least, a teacher. Weigh one against the other, and if it comes in favor of playing guitar, then you should probably just quit school right now. Go hitchhike down to Mississippi and try to find Steve Va...uh, I mean, Jack Butler, and if you can beat him and win that old man's soul back, then you'll be alright.
Do some theory work. Practicing your major scales will not only put you half to sleep and want to quit playing guitar, but get this... it helps you learn them too!!!
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Archon473
If it's 11 at night, I'm just getting started. Guitar takes priority over studying any day. Once I stayed up until 4am learning Iron Maiden songs and my mom let me skip school the next day. Ruleage.

I love your mom.

As for the topic I put my guitars in their cases/bags and give them to my father. In that way there's no way I'm going to play them before my dad allow me. And he's pretty much only into school stuff...
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by ledzep28
OK, so it's 11 at night, and you have a test you need to study for. How do you go about getting yourself to stop playing?

I find one of the best ways is to take a shower, it turns my fingers into mush for at least 20 minutes of study. During finals at college, I usually put my guitar in its case under my bed.

yeah i put my guitars away during finals too, but i'll usually give in and go get them out eventually
If I want to play guitar, there's nothing I can do to stop me from following through with such a desire. Fortunately, though, I don't always feel like playing guitar.
Quote by ledzep28

i just put my guitar down an go to sleep, forget the test im normally knackered at 11 at night, i wouldbe too tired :P
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

Quote by Satch_Boogie
Think about your dream guitar, think of how much it costs...Think about the job you need for that money, think about the grades needed for the job and hey presto youre revising!

I like the way you think buddy!
ooooo, my head rock on
I just buckle down and study. Its not that hard, you just have to have some drive.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by TwoString
Get some priorities and realize that there's a very slim chance that you can make a living from playing guitar.

Now if you realize that and still want to play, you probably have the drive to make it as a guitar player, or at the very least, a teacher. Weigh one against the other, and if it comes in favor of playing guitar, then you should probably just quit school right now. Go hitchhike down to Mississippi and try to find Steve Va...uh, I mean, Jack Butler, and if you can beat him and win that old man's soul back, then you'll be alright.

hahahahaha. (good movie though.) and to help you my friend, try and learn something by cannibal corpse. youll want to kill yourself once you get to farantic disembowelment.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Grow up?

I love guitar, I play for up to 10 hours a day when I have the time.. But spending one hour of studying so I can go somewhere in life is more important then learning some lame cover song. Like I said, I love guitar, but not playing for 1 hour isn't too tough.
Quote by The way to hate
Grow up?

I love guitar, I play for up to 10 hours a day when I have the time.. But spending one hour of studying so I can go somewhere in life is more important then learning some lame cover song. Like I said, I love guitar, but not playing for 1 hour isn't too tough.

How about don’t be a pompous schmuck. This is just a creative thread for people to have fun in. Also, if you want to go further in life, figure out when to use “than” rather than “then.” Also, while I’m at it, don’t forget to spell definately “definitely,” tomarrow “tomorrow,” and to “too” (when something is excessive or in addition to). It’s bland people like you that piss me off.
ooooo, my head rock on
Quote by ledzep28
How about don’t be a pompous schmuck. This is just a creative thread for people to have fun in. Also, if you want to go further in life, figure out when to use “than” rather than “then.” Also, while I’m at it, don’t forget to spell definately “definitely,” tomarrow “tomorrow,” and to “too” (when something is excessive or in addition to). It’s bland people like you that piss me off.

I used then incorrectly. Sorry, let me grammar check before posting. I wasn't speaking to the thread starter, it was more to the people who were saying how they just skip school so they can play guitar later at night.

Like I said, it isn't hard to study for an hour for the occasional test.

I don't understand the little 3rd grade grammar lesson at the end either. I made one mistake, not 20.
Dont stop just keep playing until ur fingers bleed and keep going. screw school (thats my policy, allthough my mom doesent approve)
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
If you want to study either A.Go to dorm,study first B.Don't even go to dorm and study at the library.
Turn the volume up to the max, and let your parents tell you to put it away!
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
i take the guitar off and put it in its case. then open the text books. not that difficult.

the guitars not your friend if it has power over you. then its a bully.
If I have something really vital to do, then I put my guitar in it's hard case and lock it and hand the key to my parents or something.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
the only thing you should ever put your guitar down for is to get laid, and somtimes you dont have too, but never to do homework
Quote by Invictious
Wha...? Ask the local guitar shop for servicing?
They are ugly and bastards there though...
£30

That's outrageous.
Their penis is small too, and I am not that desperate
No thanks.
does anyone else ever try to do something like clean your room or something similar, and find yourself playing guitar ands its like an hour or 2 later and you havent done what youre supposed to do?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
^yes
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
It's hard to neglect playing the guitar. It's an addiction, for sure! I know it took me awhile to cut down on the hours of endless shredding.

What I do to not play is place the guitar in an extremely inconvenient place to stop you from playing it frequently.
You can also take up another hobby. I took up Wing Chun Kung Fu and a lot fitness training.
You can also get a girlfriend. They seem to take up a lot of time anyway.

Do those and you'll successfully cut down!

Good luck!

never put down the guitar ever!!!
you dont need school just drop out like i did and youll be fine

(could any1 spare me some change?)
co-founder of theressurect pogs club
pm me to join
(\__/)
(='.'=) this bunny also has a god complex
(")_(")

Quote by vBulletin Message
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

remember UG march 8&9, 2007 i was there.
Do your homework BEFORE you pick up the guitar, then you won't have to worry about putting it down.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
It`s easy for me to stop myself playing the guitar ,I just listen to myself and then I am put off for ages
ok i got one, how do you get yourself off of UG when its 5:45 am and you didnt sleep yet
pm me to join
(\__/)
(")_(")

^ Get pwned?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
what is pwned??
pm me to join
(\__/)
(")_(")

Page 1 of 2