i LOVE the cleans on my AD30VT. but it is impossible for me to find a decent distorion/overdrive tone. i like the heavy stuff. shred style. should i sell me vox and ge ta cube or get a boss mega distortion? if you have a different pedal to request, go right ahead.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
The MT-2 is great for heavy rythms etc. but it sucks for shred (the nice tones like vai, satch etc)

I use my SD-1 now instead. If you play alot of rythm it wont fit you but if youre a solo guy its great.

If you realy want you could wait tills the Metal core comes out.
ive previously had a mt-2 and i HATED it. i could go on for days about its flaws. is the metal core supposed to be good? when does it come out?
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
eh i dunno sounded to rectifierish. i dont like mesa's.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
I use an effects processor. It's got a lot of stuff with it including wah, distortion, flanger, phaser, etc. It has 12 different Distortion types with a knob to adjust the drive, a knob for bass and a knob for treble. Then there is an extra 3 alternate features-- if you hold down the save button while turning the knobs, it adjusts the compressor, mid, and presence. It's the Line 6 Floor Pod http://www.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/FLOORPOD.JPG
I've never owned any other effect pedals other than my octaver I just got yesterday, so I can't compare this to an individual distortion pedal.
Well....Voxdude26....maybe you should check out VOX.
They make a series of pedals that have tubes built in. They make Od, distortion, and 2 channel pedals with both OD and distortion. I think there are five different ones of these cooltron pedals. Its called cooltron because the tube inside the pedal doesnt take time to warm up, but it still clips with the signal. Check them out....They are pricey but its seriously the best I have used. Most of the time I use it over a TS9.
I use a DS-2 with my Valvetronix amp and it sounds incredible.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Tombe
I use a DS-2 with my Valvetronix amp and it sounds incredible.

+ 1
+1 Metal Muff
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
Quote by kurdtkobaign
An SD-1 for soloing? Thats an overdrive pedal...

I know.
Atleast it sounds much better than the MT-2 lol.
I normally use my virtual setup (VTSs etc) when recording and shit but when im just jamming out with my gear it sound ok.
Of course im saving for an amp with decent distortion but its good to practice speed with a cleaner tone.

I dont know about the Metal core pedal. I think its preety much the same as the MT-2 but with more lower end.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
An SD-1 for soloing? Thats an overdrive pedal...

yeah same question. i wonder how it sounds like..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots