So I've been playing acoustic for half a year and want to pick up a beginner electric. I plan to get a pretty cheap one first and than a nice guitar a few years down the road. I don't know much about electric guitars or which amp is a good one so I'm looking for starter packages. THe kind of music I play is soft rock, chili peppers, john frusciante's songs, green day, john mayer...that kinda music. I saw this personal ad somewhere. Selling for $319 CDN. What are your opinions?

Includes a Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster® guitar with contoured alder body, bolt-on maple neck with late '60s headstock, three single-coil pickups and standard tremolo system; gig bag, Fender® Frontman™ 15G amplifier, electronic tuner, strap, Fender cable, strings, guitar picks and instruction book. The Guitar is "Arctic White" in almost NEW condition. It comes with the original box and packaging

i have the exact same guitar just black and that exact amp and i like em both alot great for me and im a beginner
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Quote by feenux258
i have the exact same guitar just black and that exact amp and i like em both alot great for me and im a beginner

When did you buy it? If you bought it new, how much did it retail for? And if you bought it used, how much did you pay for it?
i definately recomend a strat for the type of music you play, but get one with a humbucker for the bridge pickup trust me
Quote by Cyber0066
When did you buy it? If you bought it new, how much did it retail for? And if you bought it used, how much did you pay for it?

mmm a year ago bought it new for 300 usd at guitar center
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
you found that in the personals?

That's what i started out with a couple of years ago and it's a great starter kit. strats are so easy to play.

EDIT: And ya, get the humbucker in the bridge, twas what i got and never regreted.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I'm not super familiar w/ electric guitars, but just to confirm...
So your all suggesting to buy this guitar but replace the pickups with humbucker pickups?

How's the price for this guitar in general?