Its a quality pedal.
You can have your own presets with the different distortions on it, but u cant have 2 distortions running at the same time
Yah I know but suppose I wanted 1 distorted rhythm channel, and then one lead reverb / distortion channel.. Is that possible?
Yes it is quite good.

With the memory mode you can save up to 30 presets and switch through them. It has something like 22 different kinds of distortion, lots of modulation and a wah pedal, although you already have the crybaby for that i supposes (the boss me50 wah looses to a crybaby bigtime but w/e) The problem is that you cant have multiple distortions at the same time, and you cant have multiple modulations on at the same time (ie no chorus and harmonizer at the same time.

Go for it its a good buy
Quote by The way to hate
Yah I know but suppose I wanted 1 distorted rhythm channel, and then one lead reverb / distortion channel.. Is that possible?

Yea you can do that, thats what i have.
Quote by hawk5211
Yes it is quite good.

With the memory mode you can save up to 30 presets and switch through them. It has something like 22 different kinds of distortion, lots of modulation and a wah pedal, although you already have the crybaby for that i supposes (the boss me50 wah looses to a crybaby bigtime but w/e) The problem is that you cant have multiple distortions at the same time, and you cant have multiple modulations on at the same time (ie no chorus and harmonizer at the same time.

Go for it its a good buy

By multiple distortions at the same time..

Do you mean I can't have pedal 1 be rhythmn distortion and pedal 2 be lead distortion?
yes you can do it all. get one cos they own all. i have one. also be sure to buy the power supply that goes with it
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
If you already have seperate pedals, I'd stick with those/upgrade them rather than get the ME-50 to be honest.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
If you already have seperate pedals, I'd stick with those/upgrade them rather than get the ME-50 to be honest.

They are Boss pedals, so what would your reasoning be? It will make it tons easier to play live if I have the ME 50. It would cost me $150 for a reverb pedal, and another $80 or so for a volume boost for my leads. It would be three times harder to do live, and it would only be a bit cheaper. Not to mention how many extra wires.

From what I could tell, the ME 50 has the same sound as the individual pedals, right?

Quote by hawk5211
you can have multiple distortion presets but you cant have a mt-2 and a ds-1 playing on the same preset at the same time, if you catch my drift...

Oh yah, I get that. That's fine, I like the MT-2 tone anyway.
Its best used for live work as a front end to your amp

A lot of people mistake this unit as something to direct record with where its not so great, as a live pedal though it kills.
Quote by Silky Smooth
Its best used for live work as a front end to your amp

A lot of people mistake this unit as something to direct record with where its not so great, as a live pedal though it kills.

+1

this thing does not record well, or DI well for that matter either, as i have done both.
Quote by hawk5211
the boss imitations that they have on there (ds-1 mt-2 bd-2, od-1, od-2) are good, the other ones are not great but still usable.

Well the Boss sound is the one I'd use anyway.

Is the Wah any good, or should I keep my Cry Baby?
Quote by hawk5211
+1

this thing does not record well, or DI well for that matter either, as i have done both.

But if I mic'd the amp, it would sound good, right?
Quote by hawk5211
+1

Yeah always sounds dry doesnt it

For direct recording your always better off with a modler of some sort vox, pod ect...
Quote by The way to hate

yeah did that just last week, sounds the same as if you mic any other amp, and keeps your levels between presets fairly level.
Quote by The way to hate

For sure
ME-50's sound great. I can't really think of anything I dont like about mine, only i wish there were two wah pedals, so i could do volume and wah or octave and wah or double octave or something cool like that
I had one but I sold it, didn't do it for me :\
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
Quote by The way to hate
Oh yah, how are the octave settings?

Decent. There is a harmonizer that you can set notes it playes, volume etc. The wah pedal can also be programmed to be like an octave plus or octave down pedal. The downside is that all 3 of these only work with single notes, and cant process chords at all.
The new Rp's are extremely good man

Believe me the new RP's are really something.
The new ones are built like a tank solid steel and quality knobs too! I would bet anything if you gave one of the new ones a try you wouldnt beleive it.