Hi there, I have a dumb question. Can I make my own inlays out of stickers? Like, I know this is hella, HELLA cheap, and dumb. My other question is, will it affect the playability of my fretboard if I do? Lastly, say I want to put real dot inlays on a guitar with no inlays(Les Paul BFG), would I just drill holes into the fretboard? What would I use to stick the inlays on? Super glue?
wow.

no. first, the stickers would kill your hand speed.

and second, no you dont drill holes. you hand scrape the design and fill it with whatever.

and wrong forum.

try gear customizing.
plus, on every guitar (that i know of) there are side inlays. my ibanez only has the octave mark, but i dont have troubles.
Actually you do drill holes. About an 1/10 of an inch will do. But check your fret board depth and make sure you have some kind of like... guide to tell you when to stop.

To hold them in use superglue or really strong epoxy.

And ya, gear customizing man.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
Actually you do drill holes. About an 1/10 of an inch will do. But check your fret board depth and make sure you have some kind of like... guide to tell you when to stop.

To hold them in use superglue or really strong epoxy.

And ya, gear customizing man.

Thank you. I thought you drilled holes.

Ob yeah, and Arlabaster...I do want to fight about it GIBSON!
Quote by Silky Smooth
Must be a reason why you don't see sticker style inlays being sold

Actually, one guy on teh Ebay was sellin them.
Well, the stickers wouldn't slow you down depending on how thin they are, but I wouldn't recommend you try and drill inlay onto a guitar.
Quote by Silky Smooth
Serious?

Got any links?

Nah man, it was a while back. It took me forever to find it.
Thats a shame

I've got an old beater guitar I wouldnt mind tryin somethin like that on!
Ya I was gonna say, you should practice on some scrap.
But if you do butcher your fingerboard you could always just buy some epoxy, mix it with sawdust and fill the hole. Then once its dry superglue in the inlays. To avoid that just use a jig that stops you after a set distance.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
real inlays aren't impossible. get a dremel and a sheet of MOP, and a drill.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
real inlays aren't impossible. get a dremel and a sheet of MOP, and a drill.

How are they not possible?
also, is there any one I could get to do this for me? Like, I know your average guitar shop wouldn't do it...would they?
Quote by thedude051
How are they not possible?

Aren't impossible. Litote.

Read carefully.

Your average guitar shop may not but you should be able to find a decently skilled luthier without much trouble assuming you don't live in the middle of nowhere
He said they aren't impossible. Double negative, he means they are possible.

A specialty guitar shop would do it, or a luthier in your area probably. Not something like guitar center though.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo