Is it possible to learn all the chords in the world?
For example with some system so you can easilly figure out how to play a chord.
I dont know a shit about chords and how to make a lets say a A Minor chord.
Someone that could help me? Please..
you can learn music theory and use that to figure them all out.

it's always easier to understand than memorize.
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
yah theres pretty much a pattern to just about every chord. Its pretty neat, actually.
Quote by Tehzekester
1. Find a hot chick's myspace.
2. Get lotion.
3. Look at pr0nz.
4. ???
5. PROFIT!

Quote by Sid McCall
so I said: "those aren't the couch cushions, those are my testicles!"

Add Me
There are many posts on how to form certain chords, including A Minor. Plenty of sites online like Cyberfret and this one give lessons on basic chord shapes.

As for learning all of them... why? Unless you're super-experimental and probably a jazz-musician I wouldn't recommend even worrying about it. Every combination of notes can be a chord when you boil it down.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
when you get down to it, knowing chord formulas and what have you, even the names isn't ABSOLUTELY necessary. hell, angus young wouldn't know a B from a C#. btw, major chords are the first, third and fifth note of the major scale and minor chords are the first, flat third, and fifth notes. example, the A major scale is A, B, C#, D, E, F#, Ab, A. the first note is A, the third is C#, and the fifth is E, hence, the A major chord is A, C#, and E. an A minor would be A, C, and E...clear as mud?
Well, I guess it possible, but it would take a while.

I have a book which is 256 pages long and it pictures 3 chords per page, and its not even CLOSE to all of the chords out there, just the biggies. (The Pocket Manual series in case anyone is interested)

But hey, give'er. Remembering them all would be a bitch though.
Anyone of you guys that could link me the pages cus im retarded.
And if i see some subject ill just assume thats what im looking for which i then in the end come to the point it want what i needed to learn.
Thank you guys!
I doubt it.

Anything can form a chord.

And what happens when you involve music from places who use quarter tones? (take a C# and a D. there is a tone in between there that some cultures use.)

Even if you dont include all that, anything can practically be a chord.
so knowing them all off the top of your head, and knowing what exactly they all are... have fun, and good luck.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Quote by sp0ckr0cks
when you get down to it, knowing chord formulas and what have you, even the names isn't ABSOLUTELY necessary. hell, angus young wouldn't know a B from a C#. btw, major chords are the first, third and fifth note of the major scale and minor chords are the first, flat third, and fifth notes. example, the A major scale is A, B, C#, D, E, F#, Ab, A. the first note is A, the third is C#, and the fifth is E, hence, the A major chord is A, C#, and E. an A minor would be A, C, and E...clear as mud?

Yeah man thanks that was awesome explained but what if i wanna play a lets say E chord in the A major scale?
^ you'd use E major heres the reasoning

in a major as explained you have

A, B, C#,D, E, F#, G#

you would take the root of the note.... E
the third of that note, which happens to be .... G#
and the fifth of E as we all know is ..... B

all three of these notes are in A major as well...

one way to look at it would be this

A - I
B - II
C# -III
D - IV
E - V
F# - VI
G# - VII

now these are the letter names of the notes and their scale degrees, all i did was take A major and start with E to find the proper E chord, so rewritten it would look like

E - I
F# - II
G# - III
A - IV
B - V
C# - VI
D - VII

now technically you are in A major, you are just using this relative position to find your E chord, which as you see from the I-III-V is E major.
Yeah. If you know your notes, and you know how the chord is constructed you can figure it out on your own, no matter what it is.
Quote by slayer123
pick up a chord poster from the music store.

lol. those posters suck.

they make you think that there are only about 30 or so chords. when theres more like hundreds, and thousands depending on how you phrase and finger them.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
lol. those posters suck.

they make you think that there are only about 30 or so chords. when theres more like hundreds, and thousands depending on how you phrase and finger them.

Totally agree. I say this with confidence: NO ONE KNOWS ALL CHORDS. I'll say it again: NO ONE...because:

The problem with the concept of knowing ALL chords is that the more complex the harmony gets, the more obtuse chord definitions become. The ONLY limitation to the number of chords that do or can exist is the human ability to play them. Thankfully, on the guitar at least, we only have 4-5 fingers to use that limits us to certain chord voicings.

It helps to know that although there are limitless amounts of chords, they ALL fall into 1 of 5 categories. Major, Minor, Diminished, Half-Diminished, Augmented.

I'm only passionate about this subject because I suck at chords. Long live the power-chord!
Quote by slayer123
pick up a chord poster from the music store.

Yes because those posters have all of the chords in the world. Including ones from abstract scales.

Oh wait, no they don't.

Thread starter, if you somehow memorized / knew every scale in the world, you could technically make triads out of the scales and get all of the chords possible.
You can learn theory and pick out chords, but I'm pretty sure it is impossible to list off "every" chord, just like it is impossible to list off every number.
I would say no. Each major tritone has 2 inversions. then you can throw in 9ths and whatnot, inversions of them, 7th.. its endless. no