I recently took up the guitar and I've been learning reasonably quickly.

I've written three songs now, but It's just me on my acoustic singing vocals. It's actually quite depressing music I've written so far LoL. Anyway I bought an 8 track and recorded them. What do you guys think is the best way to get this stuff into the scene? Should I send it to a label?

Scotty
Myspace, Dmusic, Purevolume, etc.

And try posting some of your recordings on the UG Riffs & Recordings forum if you want to see what people think about your music.
Quote by adscott1982
I had been thinking about myspace, but my only concern is plagiarism. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm scared someone will steal my songs and use them for themself before I can popularize my music. Otherwise I think it's great.
You don't have to worry about that. Not to sound rude or anything, but there's already a sh*tload of amazing music available on sites like that, and you'd have to be pretty damn revolutionary and awe-inspiringly brilliant to have to worry about people ripping off your music instead of someone else's.
Quote by yawn
You don't have to worry about that. Not to sound rude or anything, but there's already a sh*tload of amazing music available on sites like that, and you'd have to be pretty damn revolutionary and awe-inspiringly brilliant to have to worry about people ripping off your music instead of someone else's.

Ha, yeah maybe you're right

Still.. my stuff is pretty good.

I guess I've just got swallow my fear and start playing gigs . All by myself .
Maybe I should start a band
Quote by adscott1982
Ha, yeah maybe you're right

Still.. my stuff is pretty good.

I guess I've just got swallow my fear and start playing gigs . All by myself .
Maybe I should start a band
I don't think you're using the "" smileys correctly
playing live is the best possible way to promote your music. If youre worried about plagiarism then burn your stuff too a CD and write out all the lyrics and copyright it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Myspace, Dmusic, Purevolume, YouTube.

Make tons and tons of copies and hand them out to people and have them make copies to give to their friends then one of their friends go over-seas to see one of their best friends and that best friend make copies to give to his friend and its a never ending chain = World Domination
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
playing live is the best possible way to promote your music. If youre worried about plagiarism then burn your stuff too a CD and write out all the lyrics and copyright it.

How much would it cost to copyright a demo or a CD?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty

Quote by ZanasCross
Use your music to make a trading card game.

Make sure the cards have holographic editions!
Quote by AngelOfSorrow
How much would it cost to copyright a demo or a CD?

i think its like $10 or $20 for one CD.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
For each created and distibuted or just one of, say 100 copies?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty

Quote by ZanasCross
post a link of your song on here, Im open minded!
I wrote a song about war...
The kind that lives in your head.
Last edited by mka12992 at Feb 20, 2007,
Quote by mka12992
post a link of your song on here, Im open minded!

+1
Quote by adscott1982
I had been thinking about myspace, but my only concern is plagiarism. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm scared someone will steal my songs and use them for themself before I can popularize my music. Otherwise I think it's great.

you dont have to worry abour plagarism, cause only you have the master tapes