eh... according to my second cousin, the ramones suck live. here is the story i will share with you all...

he went to go see them in a bar in chicago, he mainly went there to see the opening band which im not sure who it was, but i remember him saying it was a chicago band, and they were bitching. the ramones he liked, so seeing the ramones was icing on the cake. well, he was very disappointed, it sucked so much he said. Johnny had one of those books with his guitar riffs, im sorry, his simple guitar riffs in it, and was looking at it frequently, cause he kept on ****ing up the songs. at one point the stopped playing and started thumbing through the book, in the middle of a song...i thought this was a funny story. they were so bad my cousin left.

i think he said he also saw the clash, who were bitchin, he gave me my london calling album, rocket to russia and recently a gang of four cd, which i love. he is coolio
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
it dont matter there sh it live there the ramones god dam it
I HATE YOU
Quote by _zac_
ill flame as much as i damn well please

suck my balls
Quote by mike2
eh... according to my second cousin, the ramones suck live. here is the story i will share with you all...

he went to go see them in a bar in chicago, he mainly went there to see the opening band which im not sure who it was, but i remember him saying it was a chicago band, and they were bitching. the ramones he liked, so seeing the ramones was icing on the cake. well, he was very disappointed, it sucked so much he said. Johnny had one of those books with his guitar riffs, im sorry, his simple guitar riffs in it, and was looking at it frequently, cause he kept on ****ing up the songs. at one point the stopped playing and started thumbing through the book, in the middle of a song...i thought this was a funny story. they were so bad my cousin left.

i think he said he also saw the clash, who were bitchin, he gave me my london calling album, rocket to russia and recently a gang of four cd, which i love. he is coolio

Maybe it was just a ramones tribute band.
i doubt it...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

I heard that they always had somebody with a guitar backstage that played the "solos" for Johnny. Don't know if its true but I wouldn't doubt it.
Danzig Mother Fucker
^i doubt that one, the solos, were well...rather easy, that even johnny could do them. i just heard he was sloppy...very very sloppy...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

well, my history teacher told me he saw the ramones back in 77 at the legendary whiskey in LA and said it was pure chaos. he said it was one of the most memorable punk shows he had ever been too. he said he liked the show so much, he'd rather see that show again over bad brains, black flag, the germs and others he saw. but he also said, he saw the ramones a few years and a few albums later, and said they were out of fashion. guitars sounded cleaner, drums sounded more in-tune, and joey sounded more appealing to his girls in the crowd. this is called "losing the raw" so there ya have it. i usually don't listen to other people, but my teacher knows his stuff.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Well the clip I showed was from the show they recorded the "It's Alive" album. Just love the energy at the stage, 28 songs in 1 hour. One of their most famous shows ever. http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=10:yxaxlfae5cqq

And a funny thing to you that thinks he sucks at the guitar http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5937559/the_100_greatest_guitarists_of_all_time "16 Johnny Ramone of the Ramones", yeah Rolling Stones magazine don't know shit.
Quote by Glenn Danzig
I heard that they always had somebody with a guitar backstage that played the "solos" for Johnny. Don't know if its true but I wouldn't doubt it.

Not true.

Johnny couldn't and didn't solo.

I wasn't sure whether those were the cuts for the alive album, but damn, some of those parts must have been redubbed.
Quote by mike2

that just proves how punk the ramones are, 'cuz real punks cant play instruments.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

sure...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by Glenn Danzig

...What solos?

The Ramones are actually known for being really good live.
Liked the video with Lemmy, from their last concert? How the hell can a band that played over 2000 shows suck live? Over 100 shows every year in 20 years, thats sick.