I just have some questions I'm hoping can be answered. I have been playing guitar for over a year and I am looking to add to my collection of guitars. At Guitar Center I decided that I wanted a Les Paul but dont have the cash to go Gibson. Right now I am debating between the Epi LP '56 RI Gold Top and the Epi LP Classic Quilt Top in Transparent Amber. The things I wanna know are like for a LP is it better to get the gold top because it has P-90's in it or should I go quilt top because it has humbuckers. The price difference is a mere 50$ so that is out of the question. I saw a Gold Top @ GC and it was amazing looking but so was this transparent amber quilt top. Overall I guess I am asking which is a better guitar. Thanks
DO you prefer singles or humbuckers?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
We can't really answer that question, it just depends on which guitar you prefer, and which one suits your sound more.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
I have a les paul standard (very similar to the classic) and it's great, very good tone. I also have a p-100 les paul jr, but i'm not sure how different it sounds to the 56RI. Both very well made.
I owned a cheap Ibanez with Humbucks and a PRS Custom with humbuckers and now i have a mexi strat with the 3 singles I really have no preference to singles or buckers.
besides the pickups the only other difference is the top wood. The gold top is mahogany and the quilt top is quilted maple. A lot of difference between the two?
i would get the gold top, i like the sound of p90s/p100s more than regular humbuckers tho..
Maple is brighter than Mahogany.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)