I've noticed in the last week that when playing my SG it'll turn "off" when I'm changing pickups and turn back "on" after a couple of seconds and will do it occasionally when i'm in the middle of a song. The funny thing though is that you can still tell that the amp is amplifiing something, sort of sounding like my SG's unplugged sound is being amplified. It is most significant when i'm playing with some crunch and the distortion just turns off and goes into a clean sound, and then just goes dirty again a few seconds later.

Any help or similar experiances?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Their both fine, i just got the guitar a couple of months ago.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
thats interesting, because a friend of mine has an SG that will amplify if you scream into the back of it. No kidding, he holds it up to his mouth and yells and it makes a screaming noise through the amp.
make sure you check just in case you didnt. it being new doesnt mean anything
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Quote by lespaul.zim
thats interesting, because a friend of mine has an SG that will amplify if you scream into the back of it. No kidding, he holds it up to his mouth and yells and it makes a screaming noise through the amp.

That's just the vibrations being transferred to the strings then into the pups. It's why you can talk through your guitar.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
That's just the vibrations being transferred to the strings then into the pups. It's why you can talk through your guitar.

nope, the voice is amplified because the pickups aren't sealed well and are getting microphonic... making them able to pick up a voice.
Quote by lespaul.zim

It will do the same thing if you put your neck up to the fretboard and speak.
I'm a person.
You can put headphones up to a guitar's pups and it will play through the amp, its pwn.

Anyways...

I know the problem you have, I have it on both my guitars. Try cleaning the switch VERY GOOD, cause I did it... and it worked for like a week. Now I can't switch pups without having to switch back and forth for a minute or two to actually get something. I've asked many people, they've said stuff about the switch and the wiring could be bad, I'm not really sure, haven't found a cure yet =(